CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday, April 12th

Go down 
+8
Bojesphob
Marc
JMarv
Qoltar
Steve
Matt
Evil Bob
Scav
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:51 pm

@makari: I plan on being there around opening 10 - 10:30. You could try your KOS out against that gun line. I can hang out to around 6 this weekend if thats what everyone else is planning on.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm

I'll have to check that out, Matt. Also, if I'm able to make it, I'll make sure I bring your book so I can give it back!
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:55 am

bah, they're bringing me in this weekend so I'll make it next week.
I cant wait for classes to start back up..

@CJ : we can still hook up if needed
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:46 am

Defo needed....I'll swing up early during the week to your pad and we can catch up....left you a PM
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Matt wrote:
The had the most recent version of the tau codex in half price books right by the mall about 2 weeks ago. Might still be there!
I was in the same spot a year or two ago. It was gone the second week I went back.

Although before buying any Tau codexes make sure it is the current one. It will have pretty profile drawings next to the unit types and will have things like Vespid and Sniper Drones in it.

When getting back into Fantasy I accdientally bought an out of date Vampire counts book at Half-Price Books.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Ok so going to be there to play 10 ish! Steve I'd like to play ya! My noobs are not gonna be there Sad I'd like to get a second game in if possible wit someone else too! my bro will be there too!

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PAY FOR THE TOURNAMENT CAN DO SO TOMORROW!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:40 pm

So who kicked whos?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 12:08 am

Sad Sad
Orks fell to a Gun Line Marine (Stupid escalation...)
And to Eldar...
Sad Sad
Will reevaluate list... Great Start bad finish!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 12:09 am

Sci Fi City may need some extra boards if the turnout continues the way it had today. Very Happy
Well, it was great meeting everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I'll try and be out there again next Saturday as well.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 12:20 am

If anyone can write a batrep for any of the games it would be nice...

makari i will do what i can (i am going to write one for our battle because my list is being included in a project on eldaronline and i need to for them so i might as well post it here).

i had a great time! everyone did a great job and pretty much everyone played 2 games. It was nice to meet all the newer guys, and of course it was great to get some 40k in. See you all next week! (i hope!)
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:25 am

Yes we had an awesome turn out this week! I hope we can keep a solid group attending every weekend, even if players rotate in and out. There is really enough room for 4 6'x4' tables, the two middle tables would have to overlap and play on different colored felts though. Don't really see the room for more tables. 1500 or 1000 can be played on a 4'x'4 which could make for 4 games. It would also be better for begginers trying to get armies up and running.

Sorry know bat reps to many games/ to lazy, pretty even mix. I had 1 one solid victory (against the orks), 1 major (against Tau), and 1 unfinished game (against Chaos). That would have been a major victory too, Danny can disagree if he wants.

After some evalution of my list (for the tourny,not my everyday list), unless I roll like absolute hudd on the first two turns I can blow anything of the table. The only game that was close was against KOS. I had two rolls that really helped me out in that game. First was pinning a unit of those bikes with the Libby (I'm in man love with that model, seriously, I LOVE THAT MODEL!) and the other was when my Plasma devs ran off the bored to avoid a charge leaving the other bike unit right in front of the guns! Twisted Evil

I had another great weekend gaming with the group. I hope to see you all again soon.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 am

Well done Steve.

Whats the refund policy on my $20 Laughing

Seriously though, I'd rather face this than the Necrons..
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Carl_ Dillon wrote:
Sci Fi City may need some extra boards if the turnout continues the way it had today. Very Happy

Yeah - If we only had the extra room and space. A year ago, when we were Nord's Games - we didn't even have gaming tables.

I'm sort of half-worried that on some future Saturday or Sunday there is a large turnout for miniatures play - on the same day that an RPG group wants to put two of the grey tables together for D&D or some other game.
A week ago, Saturday night, my RPG group played with 2 tables combined - and I had 6 players and myself and all of our game stuff arranged around those 2 tables.

Now imagine a simliar group at the same time as 8 or 9 WARHAMMER 40k players.

Can you guys think of any solutions or compromises if that situation comes up ? (OR maybe I should have started a seperate thread...)

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Ed, I don't think it would be a problem. People can keep their stuff under tables etc. The only problem I can see is that we break the fire code, not sure how many people before that happens?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Ed, I don't think it would be a problem. People can keep their stuff under tables etc. The only problem I can see is that we break the fire code, not sure how many people before that happens?

Hey guys, If memory serves me right, we're ok with 16-20 people playing at one time. Much more than that and we get into the "Assembly Hall" category and that changes our business status.

At this time, I'm going to have to say that the tables need to stay the way they are though, especially with RPG groups starting to play on the weekends and future ccg tourneys that I will be getting organized for the store.

Sorry....

-Eric
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 8:34 pm

I really don't think there is much call for moving them anyway.

we have 24'x4' so we can have 8 players gaming at one time. The rest can hang out Smile
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 pm

my gawd I can't beleive that many showed up....and Marc and I didn't even get up there.....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Quote :
and Marc and I didn't even get up there...

Thank Gawd!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 am

It was a good time though Smile Even though my IG got CREAMED!! Those wolves took out more points than the Marines did! lol! Thanks, JMarv, for the help and being patient with me! Smile I'll have to make sure that next time I put more guys between the opposing army and my HQ and heavy weapon teams!! Still a good time though
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 am

Yeah, against a gaurd army my most effective list would probably involve taking 45 wolves. You just can't beat first turn charges, and with gaurd at I3, they end up surviving a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Qoltar wrote:
Can you guys think of any solutions or compromises if that situation comes up ?
We Ro-chem-bo for it. Oxford rules, no cup or atheletic devices.

Remember Ed the oldest gets to go first! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, April 12th   Saturday, April 12th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday, April 12th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: