CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff

Go down 
+2
Marc
Matt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

[RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff Empty
PostSubject: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 pm

From the BoLS
Quote :

~Passing this news on in its unaltered form:

According to Games Workshop USA Sales Representative Mark Koscielniak, the new Warhammer 40k 5th Edition Starter Boxed Set will include a “Crap-Ton of miniatures”.

The new boxed starter, due out in September of this year, will include the popular “mini-rulebook”, dice, measuring sticks and the proverbial French “Crap-Ton” of miniatures including:
1– Space Marine Commander (full sprue)
1– Space Marine Tactical Squad
1– Space Marine Terminator Squad
1– Space Marine Dreadnought

AND THAT’S NOT ALL!
The set will ALSO include:

1– Ork Warboss
2– Ork Boyz Mobs
1– Ork Nob Mob
3– Death Koptas

The retail price on this tremendous deal will be a ridiculously low $59.99! A quick analysis of the retail value of this set is valued at a cool $262 bucks, and that’s not even counting the retail value of the 3 Death Koptas, the “mini-rulebook”, or the dice!
The new 5th Edition starter will be called “Battle for Black Reach”.
The regular hard cover 5th Edition rulebook is due out in July, with a retail price of $49.99.
Even with this great value, Games Workshop Inc. has instructed their retailers to warn consumers that in order to off-set this incredible value,GW is forced to break the promise of not raising any prices for 5 full years. As a result, all of the GW starters (40k, Fantasy and Lord of the Rings) will now be sold at $59.99, rather than the former $49.99.
Even so, the values of these starters are astounding, as entire armies can be built for the cost of a couple of starters.
Be sure to place your pre-orders early so that you don’t miss out on this incredible deal!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Now if only Walkers will be worth taking.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:58 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. Such an excellent deal that everyone may have a marine and an ork army.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:26 am

Well Shiat! I'm getting at least 2 Box sets!
Tommy Likee!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 am

That is a good deal to say the least. Too bad I've got too many unpainted figs already.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 am

Gah John, all you OTHER players will come up with anything to resist playing 40k Wink
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 am

No kidding...that's just a buy to buy period....all those figs for that price is worth just buying even if you don't play.....

C'mon.....just do it.....buy it.....everyone else is. Don't you want to be just like everyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:27 am

Matt wrote:
Gah John, all you OTHER players will come up with anything to resist playing 40k Wink

Hah....I've got enough unpainted Tryanids to field a pretty good sized army. Whether the army could be competitive is another story.

Lots of little bugs but just 1 each of the big bugs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 am

Quote :
all those figs for that price is worth just buying even if you don't play.....

Actually, if I painted to sell on ebay I'd totally be flipping those boxes.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:29 am

Quote :
but just 1 each of the big bugs.

Yup you are screwed Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Quote :
but just 1 each of the big bugs.

Yup you are screwed Wink

see it's better off if I resist.....Those big ones cost a lot and take a long time to paint.

I guess I'd rather pay all that money for my skirmish games that no one else plays..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:48 am

jgemrich wrote:
I guess I'd rather pay all that money for my skirmish games that no one else plays.....

Thats alright John, somone has to support the little guys to. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff   [RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

[RUMORS]More 5th Ed. stuff
Page 1 of 1