CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necrons and Nids

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:27 am

So after thinking about CJs two lists fighting each other, it struck me as really the perfect solution to two of the imperium's problems. Tyranids kill Necrons, Necrons kill tyranids and force the expenditure of lots of energy with nothing returned to the nids since the tomb worlds are normally lifeless and you can't eat a necron. Now the only issue is how to get them to fight each other....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Problem is, most of the tomb worlds are imperial planets. With people on them... The Necron threat is still in early stages (The C'tan have only just woken up). Perhaps once the C'tan get hungry again, they would fight nids... Only if they provide teh C'tan what they want.

The nids would probably avoid the Necrons though. Only fighting them if cornered. Due to the Necrons not providing anything of use for the Nids.

The only reason the nids would fight the necrons, would be to clear the planet so they could suck it dry.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Maybe the Necrons rising from a planet already harvested by the Tyranids scratch
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Perhaps, but if the Nids were on a planet that had a Necron tomb... The Imperium has enough problems (As most of the Tomb Planets are inside Imperial borders, not fringe settlements)
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm

I thought the last hive fleet got pretty far into one of the segmentums. And didn't I read somewhere about a hive fleet avoiding a planet once before? A Necron planet. Maybe it was in the old Necron dex....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Yeah as I said before they would most likely avoid Necron planets. So my last point was mute.

They have made it in to the Imperial territories, but have never really had a foot hold. Perhaps the next Hive fleet will.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:55 pm

Part of me wants the imperium to actually handle some threat, any threat. I know they'd never eliminate a race, but it would make me feel better if they actually defeated somebody. It must be nice to be a Tau and not have the feeling that everything is eventually going to crumble.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Even if the Imperium managed to defeat somebody, they would still have to fight some other threat that would probably defeat them anyways.

The only way the Imperium has gotten two sides to fight each other are when the primarchs had their rivalries, and when chaos (eg. Khorne) does not like the other chaos (eg. Slaanesh)that they are with.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Oh, I don't want a peaceful galaxy, that would be no fun at all. I just think it would be fun to put at least one in the win column instead of the postponed impending destruction column.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Well the Nid's did completely destroy the Squats (hehe).

The Imperium could totally wipe out the Tau, but they aren't much of a problem right now. No warp travel = no threat.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:16 pm

Tau don't have warp travel? I did not know that. That makes it kinda weird to see them fighting some races that are really far away from where they are. Not exactly on the doorstep of the eye if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:19 pm

If the tau had won during the Medusa V campaign then GW was considering giving them warp travel. But that would have posed the question: Chaos Tau?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Exactly, I really like the fact that they don't have warp travel, makes them very unique.

So far fluff wise, I believe they have encountered; The Imperium, Orks, Dark Eldar. Others anyone?
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:39 pm

I know that the Eldar have helped them in developing some tech. I think they met a stealer cult on one of the Tau/Imperial shared worlds.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 am

OK cool.

So they are the equivalent of a 2 year old in a sea of 50 year old war veterans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necrons and Nids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Nids   Necrons and Nids Empty

Back to top Go down

Necrons and Nids
Page 1 of 1