CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic

Go down 
+4
Matt
Makari
Steve
JTPitt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic Empty
PostSubject: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Okay so I am little confused. I thought that models couldn't run under an enemy skimmer. I am looking for some clarity on this. As this was one of the Tactics I found on Tau Online and I understand somethings may be out of date. My question again is can you send your troops under an enemy skimmer that is directly in their path or do they have to run around it. Personally I am thinking that they have to run around the vehicle and not under but please input would be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:42 am

In the movement phase you have to stay 1" away from enemy models, therefore you they would be stuck going around. Its a very popular tactic to apply pressure to areas for Tau.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:08 am

Can the Tau on the other side of the skimmer be shot at, or does the skimmer block line of sight? Or are the Tau toes so big that they petrude enough to be a target lol Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 am

Skimmers never block LOS. Well unless they are blown up Wink Then they are craters etc. So provide cover at that point. Depends on the level of destruction.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah, so this is the basic fish of fury tactic. Move the Devilfish up in front of their troops and unload your firewarriors out the back.

The firewarriors and the devilfish then open up on the enemy in rapid-fire range because the skimmer does not block LOS.

In the enemy turn they are allowed to fire back, no restrictions, but usually a Tau army is perfectly happy to trade shots.

If the enemy wants to assault, they cannot go under the devilfish, they have to go around. Often this distance is enough to prevent a charge.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:10 am

For the points price of the APC and the poor BS of the FWs I find this investment to be quite poor when compared to the rest of the available S5 AP5 firepower available throughout the Codex.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:53 am

JMarv wrote:
Yeah, so this is the basic fish of fury tactic. Move the Devilfish up in front of their troops and unload your firewarriors out the back.

The firewarriors and the devilfish then open up on the enemy in rapid-fire range because the skimmer does not block LOS.

In the enemy turn they are allowed to fire back, no restrictions, but usually a Tau army is perfectly happy to trade shots.

If the enemy wants to assault, they cannot go under the devilfish, they have to go around. Often this distance is enough to prevent a charge.

AGREED!!! And half the time even with having a decent save...Tau will come out on top here.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:23 am

My question is can they be charged in a straight line if they are hiding behind the Devil Fish. Another words if I do FoF and I deploy my units inside the the triable of the Devil Fish can the other enemy unit run underneath the skimmers to charge my guys or do they have to go around them.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:17 pm

they have to go around, as models have to stay at least 1" away from enemy models unless assaulting. So you can't move under the devilfish.

This is pretty clear imo, it might be a case of mixing what you see (model/fluff wise) with what are really pretty clear cut rules.

Last edited by Matt on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm

They have to go around.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Just to cloud the issue, what if a unit annouced a combined charge on the devilfish and the firewarriors?

The rule book states that you can never have units under a skimmer, but that would allow models to take a slightly shorter trip around the devilfish right?
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Correct Jon. If you declare a multiple charge on both units, you could then move within 1'' of the devilfish to assault the firewarriors. Still you can never walk under skimmers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic   Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic Empty

Back to top Go down

Tau Fish Of Fury Tactic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: