CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting workshop?

Go down 
+6
Evil Bob
Sigma Golem
Steve
Scav
Bojesphob
JMarv
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 am

Any interest in a 1 or 2 hour workshop monthly hosted by myself?

Topics could be.....

Tools of the trade
Miniature prep
basing
base coats
highlights
shades
color theory
speed painting
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:34 am

I am very much interested. I think your work is fantastic and viewing it tends to shame me.

Plus I tend to get lots of grief from my wife about the hobby/my painting and I know that if I start being able to produce cool minis I'll start getting some support.

(Although I know this will inevitably lead to me making her a "pretty" army, probably confrontation figs, but I accept that)
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am

If it fits my schedule (and you're going to do it at SciFi Wink ) I would be interested. I don't feel that my minis are all that bad, but I could definitely use some help to improve!!
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:10 am

dude i would gladly attend!

my painting supplies are all at home.. so i might be underequipped.. but that sounds like it would be a lot of fun and i could really use it. I know i can paint well.. but i need to be taught the right way to do things.

Hopefully a weekend? at sci-fi?
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:42 pm

I would attend to. I have been thinking about taking my painting to the next level, just slow to actually start.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Not only would I like to attend, BUT, I really need to attend. Laughing . My skills are very soft, and tech is my biggest problem.

I need to be taught, by hand, *in person*, the proper stages and tech during so. Other than that, If I could learn and stick to a solid practice, I might have some abilitys. L

Lord knows, I have plenty of paint, and brushes, oh, and minitures to practice with.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:45 pm

jgemrich wrote:
Topics could be.....

color theory
Now there's a potentially killer topic at all levels. John M you should run a course on paint mediums (characterstics by mixing and company) as well.

It is great idea. Even get togethers with other painters is an excellent way to pick things up. Great way to learn stuff or get a new prespective/idea.

Hey Brian, your painting is just fine. Although any of us could stand to kick it up a notch.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm always interested in improvingmy skills. I'd definately attend barring other obligations.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:02 pm

i'd be interested as always.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Im all about speed painting. I think a miniture shoud be 100% painted every night, No matter what. Maybe thats why my paints look like they do, But I have no patients to wait aroound for all the particulars.

I dont see any problems with speed painting, do you??

Shading is another area I want to learn. If I could just learn the thickness/thiness of paints, and what they should be, I would be a really good painter. Thats half my battle, when painting. Knowing the mixing ratios.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm in the same boat Sigma. I spend time on things, but I still speed paint. I think they still look pretty good Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:08 pm

This probly only come with experience, but I would like to know hpw to recover from a bad mistake, you know when it just keeps getting worse and worse, then before you know it, its time to strip and start over.That really drives me nutty. bom

I think tech should be a big part of this class, if it happens.
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:43 am

I would be interested to if I can fit it in my schedule.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Is there any updates on this subject? Seems like everyone wants in on the deal.
Back to top Go down

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:02 am

Sigma Golem wrote:
Is there any updates on this subject? Seems like everyone wants in on the deal.

Patience young padwan.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:15 pm

John M just needs to get the OK from his better half. Smile
Back to top Go down

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:21 am

Angry Bob wrote:
John M just needs to get the OK from his better half. Smile

I'd love for that not to be the case.... but the truth hurts. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 pm

jgemrich wrote:
Certainly the multitude of other benafits outweight this. I love you

Is there any target date (or range) this would be aimed for? Or is this going to be something that will just happen when it happens (some week you will know a day is open post it)?
Back to top Go down

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
jgemrich wrote:
Certainly the multitude of other benafits outweight this. I love you

Is there any target date (or range) this would be aimed for? Or is this going to be something that will just happen when it happens (some week you will know a day is open post it)?

I'm thinking 1 time a month. Like the 3rd Friday or something like that. I need to make sure it is OK w/ the store first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Painting workshop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting workshop?   Painting workshop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting workshop?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: