CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reaper Minitures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:26 pm

I see mass quanitys of Reaper minitures at game stores all around. Is there a certain game that these minitures are used for?

I hear people talking about using them for RPG, and just for painting purposes. But never about playing and actual Tabletop Minitures game.

Does anyone play a game called C.A.V. anymore. I see product for this game as well. But never hear anyone playing it.

Anyone around this group playing this games at all.?
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:56 pm

i play. the reaper game is callled warlord. great game. havent played in a while but there should be a group starting soon at sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:52 pm

The ones in green packages are meant for general use in D&D type roleplaying games. That line is called the DARK HEAVEN LEGENDS.

The ones you see with the purple cards in their packaging are meant to be used with a miniatures battlegame called "WARLORD".

Although, many D&D players buy and use WARLORD figures in their roleplaying games as well.

The DARK HEAVEN figures are sculpted with a flat base to them, WARLORD figs usually have a seperate plastic base in the packages that they have to be attached to.

Generally speaking the sculpting is VERY good on REAPER miniatures.

As recently as last month there was a group of guys playing a WARLORD game on our tables at Sci-Fi City.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Quote :
The ones in green packages

Like the ones behind you in the picture?
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:22 pm

I have to agree, the minitures are really cool looking. Very detailed for sure. If I hads interest in only painting minitures, these would be the ones to buy...
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Nathan wrote:
Quote :
The ones in green packages

Like the ones behind you in the picture?

YES, exactly like those. (LOL)

- Ed C.

(Who forgot what was behind me in my avatar pic)
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:21 pm

CAV the quicker paced alternative to Battletech. It has its charm. I sold my Riterlich off. There didn't seem to be a real difference between the stat ranges for tanks, aircraft, or CAVs.

Still have my N-scale Fenri because it just looks so dang cool.

WoHoG used to sell the Reaper minis for RPGs. Many of us from there played Warlord. It used to be easier to get and play when they sold 3-figure blisters.

My view is the new $40 9-blisters has basically shot the game in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Danny wrote:
i play. the reaper game is callled warlord. great game. havent played in a while but there should be a group starting soon at sci-fi.
Nick has been expanding his Elves. Still got my Mercs and Necropolis.

It has been so long was starting to think if maybe it was time to find a play day over at George's. Who was picking up multiple bear riders before the store closing (ouch to he who has to fight them).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reaper Minitures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper Minitures   Reaper Minitures Empty

Back to top Go down

Reaper Minitures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Other Wargames-
Jump to: