CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project

Go down 
+3
Matt
Rob
Scav
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project Empty
PostSubject: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:06 pm

ok... i really dont have a space marine codex... and still am unsure about what half this sh*t does... so help me out.. will ya!

i want to get a casual idea of what a good solid unit structure would be so i know about how much i would have to paint/buy to start a small army this summer. I'm thinking 2000 pts.. 2500 max.

The theme for my Blood Angels is assault. I want everything possible on foot, moving 12" of course, and thats it. I LOVE the looks of lightning claws. LIKE A LOT. and powerfists are gorgeous. All the assault jump pack marines are.

SO help me build a list with that in mind. I want terminators. I want a few speeders. And I want Close Combat Carnage (using guys that arent paper thin!)

Lemartes
5 Honor Guard, Jump Packs, 1 power weapon, 1 power fist, 2 melta guns, 1 upgrade to company champion

10 Assault Marines, Vet with power fist, combat shield
10 Assault Marines, Vet with power fist, combat shield

Terminator Squad - All dual lightning claws
Terminator Squad - 1 Assault Cannon

8 Veteran Assault Marines, 3 with double lightning claws, 2 melta guns, all have combat shields
8 Veteran Assault Marines, 3 with double lightning claws, 2 melta guns, all have combat shields

5 Bikes, Sergeant w/power fist, 2 flamers
5 Bikes, Sergeant w/power fist, 2 melta guns
Attack Bike, Multi-melta

7 Death Company, 7 Jet Packs

Thats 2495 Points

Is there any way to get a homing beacon on my bikes? I dont see it in the online codex...

also.. is the combination on my terminators just silly? Should I even have terminators in this list? I hate their heads... i might model them with regular marine heads if i can unless thats just nuts. Any other heads i could use?

Last edited by ryanscav on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:58 pm

to quote steve, "What are youre terminators afraid of that is initiative 2 or 3 that warants dropping strengh 8 and a 4+ invuln to strike at I4"
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:07 pm

modeling them with helmeted heads from the chaos warrior fantasy sprue looks pretty cool. Just cut off the horns.

I think all LC terminators kind of blow, just go with the normal set up 1 with power weapon and SB, 3 with PF + SB and then 1 with PF + AC
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Oh man, where to start.

First thing. You have no death company. No wait, this is better. YOU HAVE NO DEATH COMPANY!

Death Company are probably the best BA unit and they fit your jump infantry assaulty death fluff perfectly. You should really go with a full ten man unit with jump packs, plus you get free guys based on units you are already paying for. They are also sweet when led by a chaplain.

The terminators are Meh. How are you going to use them. Start them on the board and they will be too slow to slog behind your jump units. Deep Strike them and who knows when they will show up, and your assaulty ones won't even be able to do anything when they get there. You are better off dropping them.

And use more mulit-melta attacks bikes. Always worth it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Quote :
You have no death company.

Oh, yup... that's a big one!

Def utilize the fact that you have multi-melta attack bike units.

I think the terminators can work if you really want them. The will almost have to drop the way the list is set up, or they will be left behind like john was saying.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:18 pm

what they freakin hell.....I get into BA and next thing you know...everyone else is too....

I guess that's ok...I just ordered a shit load of Eldar...LOL
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:17 pm

oh whoooooops HAHAHA

I DO have 7 death company units for free and i paid for 7 jump packs.. sorry for the error hahaha thanks for catching it!

so yeah i definitely meant to have death company in there. I want terminators because i will be getting them when the 5th edition box comes out. Maybe i will just have them to have them. Paint em up with the army, but probably never use them competitively. Any way to get the homing beacon in there? or will my termies always scatter?

one more question. In the codex it has the options for a 5 man unit.. such as only 2 in the unit can have such and such options. but if i upgrade it to a ten man, and take 5 more guys, will i get to give 4 of them such and such option?

^^ haha CJ!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:45 pm

CJ: If anyone starts an army they will be getting an army you are getting in to. You start THAT MANY armies Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 am

I agree with everyone else that your termies are out of place. Like rob said what goes at I 4, 3, or 2 that is worth giving up strenght 8? The lightning claws would be better in your troop choices. I have to agree that more bikes is the way to go. I don't think you want to overload on multi meltas though, 5th is promoting infantry. Especially horde armies, so HB bikes will still be good.

And you need at least one Power fist in each vet squad. They are to expensive and a core part of the army. They can't have to avoid wraithlords, dreadnoughts, and C'tans. Also combat shields arent worth their points usually, most people will be trying to target them with shooting and assault your troops.

I don't think there codex has teleport homers, but I didn't double check going off memory.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 am

Off of memory I don't think it does either.

Agree with combat shields, they are pretty useless.

1 whirlwind works pretty well too if it works out that way.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 12:14 pm

If you can get more powerfists into your honor guard that would be good too. I don't think that the comp. champion will reallly be worth his points in the end, drop him and give another marine a powerfist.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Take a look at my list for BA I posted on here a few weeks back for ideas Ryan...or you an always give me a buzz.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 5:00 pm

yeaaaaaah, look at CJ's list for ideas.

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm

hey punk...you even said it was a good list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project   Angels - need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project Empty

Back to top Go down

need some help with Blood Angels possible summer project
Page 1 of 1