CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

[RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires Empty
PostSubject: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 am

From the BoLS, ergo... warseer

Quote :
Planetary Empires
First off, from some of our dedicated readers who went to Conflict: Scotland and talked a bit with Jervis and Jes we have word of something called Planetary Empires. This upcoming supplement promises to be Mighty Empires in space, with models for things like Hives, cities, battlefields, and 40k-specific tiles. No word on its timing.

Dark Eldar
You read that right... Dark Eldar! Jervis and Jes mentioned that the work on the Dark Eldar is underway, and the mini-line needs massive reworking. No dates were mentioned but if they actually admitted it, 2009 seems likely.

Space Wolves (courtesy of Warseer's dosadi)
We also have word of the following Codex:Space Wolves updates:

The Codex is into testing

Blood Claws are armed with bolt pistol, ccw, frag, and krak and can take special weapons or powerfist/power weapons. They have Furious Charge instead of berserker charge. Minimum squad size is 10 and they can go as high as 20. WS is now 4 but BS stays at 3.

Grey Hunters are armed like Chaos marines (bolter, bolt pistol, ccw, grenades). No more True Grit, but Counter Charge stays for this unit. They can take an assortment of special weapons or powerfist/power weapons. Squad Leader is a wolf guard with options like a vet sergeant from Codex:Dark Angels.

Jump pack Blood Claws are a separate unit entry now.

Wolf Guard are split into two squad types - terminators and power armour.

Wolf scouts can infiltrate or come on from any table edge.

Long Fangs stay as is. Probably picking up a bolt pistol and ccw in addition to their big guns.

Dreads and ven dreads go down to WS4, but Bjorn is back as a special character. Unknown if they can be HQ units.

Maybe planetary empires will be the boot in the ass we need to do a campaign Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 am

Dang, I was just heading over here to post this rumor and you beat me to it! Razz

Those sound like excellent rumors for the blood claws, and the grey hunters make 100% sense with chaos style armaments.

The blood claws lose an attack on the charge, but with WS4 they will hit exactly the same number of times on average. Also with furious charge they might be I5 Str5 which would probably necessitate a points increase. Also with an I5 on the charge unit it will be interesting to see if the traditional 3 powerfist bloodclaw pack switches to a mix of powerweapons and fists.

Long Fangs staying as is is a little sad, unless it is as is with a big points decrease. Right now for normal SW they suck huge.

Also most of the other rumors have some mention of 13th Co and Wulfen entries, but no more info here, but hopefully that is still all in the works too.

Also, DA is one of the few codices that I don't "have" can someone give me some info on what the options for a DA sargeant are?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 am

power fist for his ccw, power weapon for his ccw, plasma pistol for his bp

That's it off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:23 am

I'm also glad I kept all those pistol holster bits. I imagine I will be sticking many of those on hips with tweezers soon.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 am

well at least with wysywig as long as it's basic equipment it isn't 100% needed on every single dude.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:37 am

A good read. Thanks for posting.

WYSIWYG is only important if there is something to get confused about.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:00 am

Yup, which i suppose their could be if each of the wolf squads look similar (ones with bp, ccw + bolter looking close the ones that just have bp+ccw).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires   [RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires Empty

Back to top Go down

[RUMOR]More on the wolves and planetary empires
Page 1 of 1