CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors

Go down 
+2
Fenix
Matt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors Empty
PostSubject: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 4:27 pm

from the BoLS

Quote :

There will be 9 Special Characters, including Tu´Shan and Pedro Kantor. Apparently if you choose a special character your troops slots changes (like DA).

There will be a new impressionant techmarine mini. He has a weapon out of his body (the idea of a Tarantula) and his servoarm is loading the weapon. Of course he will have new rules.

Drop pods are one of the plastic kits.

The new variant of Land Raider (in plastic) is with inferno cannons/heavy flamers (not sure what kind of weapon or if are mixed).

New minis and rules of assault veterans.
ATSKNF more powerful.

No transport Land Speeder.

New minis and rules for veterans (special ammo...).

Apparently it will be not an update of the codex, it will be a different codex in his own!!!

I didn't see it but it is possible as I didn't read the whole thing! As far as I could tell though the captains still had rights of battle! the new special rule isn't stubborn! it is how ever Ld based. I get the feeling the original idea was that all marines had hit and run but that was too good!

The new rule however is Ld based!

There is a new scout special character, which may allow you to take scouts as troops but I'm not sure of his rules. the other new character is Sicarus, with new model rules and wargear.

Tu'Shan would be awesome (Sallies were one of my first armies Smile)

Be back later with thoughts on the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Quote :
There is a new scout special character, which may allow you to take scouts as troops but I'm not sure of his rules. the other new character is Sicarus, with new model rules and wargear.

That screws my special Sicarus model
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:39 pm

That it does (for using hims as sissy anyway). Add a jump pack and he makes a decent commander anyway.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Noobish question in response here, but are the vets any particular bonus to take over regular units? For some reason, I didn't think they were, and maybe the 5th ed will change this?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 4:01 pm

They were, extra attack a man and different weapon options (more power weaponry etc).

They were still under used however, so maybe in the 5th Ed codex they are getting a little better. New models are nice, there is already a really good range of veteran models... the more the merrier Wink

I intend to buy a ton of veteran models to do some first company in power armor units for my Dark Angels.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 5:00 pm

whats ATSKNF?

will assault vets be better? will this effect blood angels?

i just gotsta know!
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

ATSKNF

Is And They Shall Know No Fear, the loyalist marine rule that lets them regroup automatically when falling back even if down to one man.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptyFri May 02, 2008 5:41 pm

But not if there is an enemy unit within 6" at the start of the turn, and last men still have to make a last man standing check, but they regroup automatically to "reasses" the situation.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors EmptySat May 03, 2008 10:47 am

No it won't mess with Blood Angels much (probably get an FAQ that says use the new Universal marine rules). Actually come to think of it, ATSKNF will change in the rulebook not the marine codex.

So the update wont need an FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors   space - [RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors Empty

Back to top Go down

[RUMOR] Codex Space Marines Rumors
Page 1 of 1