CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy "GT" comin' up!

Go down 
+2
Marc
kainthedragoonx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Fantasy "GT" comin' up! Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:28 am

Dudes! Not sure if anyone is actively interested or not, but there is a massive "GT" (???) for Fantasy coming up.

Here is the info I got through TTG:

Quote :

Hi everyone. Its good to see gaming is alive and well in the Cincy area. Years ago we had a few groups come up for some RTTs in Columbus. We are now hosting our 2nd annual Buckeye Battles Indy GT. Indy, for those that dont know, means its Independent from GW, though they have offered some prize support to help us out. It also means you can use non-GW minis as long as they easily represent a similar model. Last year we had an all confrontation wolfen army proxy as a Chaos Minotaur army. It was very impressive looking.

All the info is at www.buckeyebattles.com and we are about half full already. Last year we had about 30 players and this year we hope to beat that number and have room for 50 if need be.

July 12-13th
2250pts
5 games over 2 days
$25
Awards for painting, sportsmanship, overall, general, and best club. To get best club, we take the top 3 finishers from each club and add up their points. That club will take home a plaque for their store or gaming area. You dont have to have 3 people to play in the event, just to win the club award.

There will also be several door prizes that everyone will be eligible for.

The location is in Delware Ohio just north of Columbus on the theater stage for Ohio Wesleyan University, with easy access from I-71.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:36 am

Odd how I was just goofing with my planned 2000pts Empire list and wishing I had more points Laughing ..2250 would do it!

I would really love to get up to this. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:43 am

I might be able to make that, though it's close to Origins. Any interest in seeing if we can get a car pool thing going?

Wood Elves are stupid at 2250 cheers
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:48 am

Sadly I'll be at a wedding, maybe next year....
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:14 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Any interest in seeing if we can get a car pool thing going?
God bless you Kain that is what I was thinking.

Yeah very interested since I'll probably be missing ALL of Gencon because of a wedding.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Bright side is no paiting requirements though you do get a score on it, so it hurts to not have a painted army, who knows maybe my vampire might make it there
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:46 am

Well, depending on how awesome the new Fantasy Demons are, I might have a painted army to take...with minor work!

The problem is that with this being two weeks after Origins, I don't know how much extra money I will have laying around.

That being said, I am still interested. Wonder if I can power-paint the Wood Elves in two weeks! drunken Umm.... Elf on Dragon action!
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Hello All, I wanted to update you on the tourney. We have 32 signed up, about half are paid. I have tables for 8 more players. There is room for more tables, but I will need to make terrain and tables if there are more than 40 people. If youre interested, please let me know as soon as possible.

I can also testify that the Deamons are pretty awesome! affraid

Let me know if you have any questions. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Jeff P wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions. Jeff
I can vouch for Jeff. When this thread was first posted I went to the link and emailed with a question. Those guys up there look like they are doing this tournament right.

Still trying to make sure I can get those days cleared. If anyone else decides they are going and can meet up in Westchester I will pay very-well for gas. At the last year Gencon was in Milwaukee with the group driving it was my cash that covered all of the gas on the way up, am willing to do both ways for this trip.
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptySun May 25, 2008 11:49 pm

Sounds like there are definately several interested from this forum from the emails and PMs Ive received. Free gas! Whos going to jump on that offer first?!! cheers

I also posted on the Bluegrass Gamers forum, so if I hear of some solid commitments I will let you know Bob so that you can get a ride. I know there are also several from Dayon already committed as well.
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 9:51 pm

There is now a thread on the buckeye battles forum for those looking for a carpool or roommate.

http://www.buckeyebattles.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 pm

if I wasnt so lazy I would have my army painted by now I will just settle for haveing a few of my skeletons painted and my vampires(at the rate I am going I will only finsh one or 3 more skeletions) oh well at least they are all primed.....well will be oncei finsh the rest of the grave gaurd
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Painting is 1 aspect and scoring catagory, but you still have opportunity to win best general, best sport, place in overall, and win one of several regiment or battalion boxes as a door prize.

We want everyone to have a shot at winning stuff, not just the great players that conquer event after event.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:11 am

Yea I saw that stuff, just bugs me that I keep getting to lazy to paint my skeletons and such
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 pm

white spray paint and dip them in wood stain!
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 pm

not the look I am after, and it doesnt follow my paint skeme
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:04 pm

no problem Frost.

Hey did you see the email I sent you about the list? The general has a magic item conflict.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:22 pm

yea I fixed it, changed my general around a little and dropped a dire wolf, Ill email you the list in a few minutes after posting this
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

I have cleared the Saturday (July 12), the 13th never was an issue. Been working on upgrading my flocking to look better and getting paint on those zombies.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:16 am

Did anyone else try going to the website on Sunday and keep getting errors? Seems fine now.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:22 pm

so I lost all 3 rounds today, but met somes very nice people and learned a lot so I cant complain
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 pm

well today I won a game and lost a game. Over all it was a great tournament, learned a ton, had a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:35 am

Thanks for coming up Bruce. Im glad you had a good time. Hope to see more of the Cincy group next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy "GT" comin' up!   Fantasy "GT" comin' up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy "GT" comin' up!
Page 1 of 1