A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Gamers are the most intelligent people ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Thu May 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Why? Because every time I go out to play some miniature game (not video game) the group I am with starts talking about some big philsophical, or social-economical thing. There is more talked about but those two are off the top of my head.

And listening to all of this mumbo-jumbo makes me think that gamers are the only true intelligent people in this world. There may be more, yes, but I have yet to find them or talk about some big key issue of the world of today with them. So kudos to all gamers out there, and keep the ideas coming Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMarv
The MathHammer

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 pm

I think one of the big factors is that gamers are typically people who can and like to think abstractly. This makes games and strategy more fun, and also allows for thoughtful debate on complicated issues.

Nathan you're a little young yet, but depending on where you end up going to college, this can be an environment where you will also find groups who like to debate such issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Thu May 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Oh yes they will debate and debate and debate...
Wait till you actually get your feet wet as Jmarv said it's gonna be an interesting ride thru life!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Scav
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Thu May 08, 2008 8:26 pm

YES dude. in college there are just SO many people from SO many different places. everyone has all kinds of values, thoughts, and opinions.. and better yet.. they all have to live with each other!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Thu May 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Just be glad that you have conversations like that. My gaming group is lagging a bit behind at times. I should possibly not allow couples?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Fri May 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Meh, this'll be my opinion until the real world hits me like a stone to the 'nads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamers are the most intelligent people ever   Today at 12:42 am

Back to top Go down

Gamers are the most intelligent people ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1