CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

noobie

Go down 
+6
Steve
Scav
SciFiCityCincinnati
Matt
CJ
onlyinkenya
10 posters
AuthorMessage
onlyinkenya
Neophyte
onlyinkenya

noobie Empty
PostSubject: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 9:52 pm

ello.
i'm a noobie and possibly thinking of joining the table-top world and possible thinking of creating chaos space marines. any thoughts? also, i'm wanting to create an 'empire' army. i'm in love with the 'carl franz'. so if there's any advice you can give me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessiryan2008
CJ
Captain
Captain

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:12 pm

First off welcome to the boards...I seen you this morning....I was the Big Guy wearing the Redwings ball cap!! I have no advice excpet play what you love. The game is great and addicting!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
onlyinkenya
Neophyte
onlyinkenya

noobie Empty
PostSubject: to c.j.   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:28 pm

thanks very much. i wont get offended by what you say. i'm used to being sarcastic. yes i remember you. what are you trying to build. what kind of army. well. yea. my boy. the one with the space marines. he got his butt royally kicked today by blood angels space marines. it was fun to watch. and even funnier seeing his men die off like flies:) well. if you have some advice i'll take it and i'll keep everyone posted.
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Hey J!

First off get the Codex /Army book for the army you want to play and read up on them.

You can read up on stuff at GW's website also (www.games-workshop.com) and check out White Dwarf Magazine for misc Army stuff and modelling articles.

If you have questions please come up to the store and chat with me about the stuff!

After you are set on your army, use the codex/army book and write out your army to see just exactly what you need to buy.

Then pick it up and paint it up!

Remember, the game is played WYSIWYG!

-Have fun and enjoy!

Eric
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:33 pm

if you are dead set on what army you would like to play, then definitely pick up the codex and start readin.. but if not check out the GW site to read up on every army's fluff, style, and look.

welcome to the forums and the tabletop gaming world!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Not that GW's website isn't good for reading up on things... but I would say Wikipedia is a better resource. So make sure to check that out!

Some of us around here are big fluff nutters too, so you can always ask us Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 12:13 am

Hi nice to have you on the boards!

Matt is right that wikipedia is better for reading about 40k then GW's own site.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 12:55 am

Well is anyone has any comments to say about me is that I'm the Army Whore of the group, I've assembled and sold more armies then you can count on both hands and then gone back! What I was playing today was Blood Angels. Steve was playing Ultra Marines. These armies are sub armies for the Space Marinie chapters. Just like Choas, your'll have different type of armies that have different abilities in the choas book. Matt and Steve are right Wikpedia is a great source!!!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:18 am

HEllo and welcome!

You can also come by the tournament to check out the armies too. Ask questions see the cool minis and what not!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:03 am

matt, steve, and cj are all right, wikipedia is a great source!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:48 am

Welcome. I've got nothing to add about 40K but enjoy your armies and stay on the board.

Quote :
I was the Big Guy wearing the Redwings ball cap

....and go Wings.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:56 am

jgemrich wrote:
Welcome. I've got nothing to add about 40K but enjoy your armies and stay on the board.

Quote :

....and go Wings.

I'm from Toledo so I'm in my glory right now....I got the Wings and Pistons both in playoffs!!!! WHOOT!!!
Back to top Go down

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:32 pm

CJ wrote:
jgemrich wrote:

Quote :

....and go Wings.

I'm from Toledo so I'm in my glory right now....I got the Wings and Pistons both in playoffs!!!! WHOOT!!!

From K'zoo MI, school at MSU and worked in Detroit for 3 years. I hear you. Now...if the LIe dOwNS would do something one of these years. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:37 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! I'M A DIE HARD BRING BACK GEORGE PERLUS FAN!!!!

GO SPARTANS!!!!!!

I live in the Green white n gray!!!

As for the Lions...least they drafted decent....I hate Tatum Bell....bad trade!!!!!!! I'd rather have Joey back....and I still wear my Barry Sanders jeresy around!!! I'll be happy for a wild card spot now before I die...LOL
Back to top Go down
onlyinkenya
Neophyte
onlyinkenya

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:00 pm

thanks so much for the ideas. i'll probably swing by the tourny cuz my boy wants to be in it. but i'm pretty dead set on CSM. i'll check out wikipedia, even though i don't trust them all that much. but it'll be ok. i'm pretty excited to start my own army:) Thanks eric for allowing me to freely ask you questions course i'm sure that offer was always there.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Welcome to the boards! If I'm not wrong you may be our first female member. Praise the day.

Also, I gotta give a plug for my 13th Company space wolves. They chased the chaos marines into the eye of terror 10,000 years ago and are still around and kickin. They don't have any vehicles, but each guy is as tough as 2 normal marines in combat and you can have werewolves. Although they would be a little risky to buy right now since the codex may finally get updated after 10 years and we don't know what will be legal. Anyways, they fight like chaos, but are still "loyal".

And not to jack the thread to badly, but I'm diggin all this Michigan love. I'm from East Lansing and both my parents went to State. Wings look like they might win it again finally and the Pistons could win any of the past years if they want it badly enough, and now they look like they want it again.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:51 pm

pistons?

Very Happy

i wouldnt mind them again

go cavs!

lol! lol! i had to
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Well hello lady. Your right behind me so this has no real point just thought i'd welcome on the boards though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
onlyinkenya
Neophyte
onlyinkenya

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:00 pm

hello.
thanks for all the support.
i'm glad to know that i'm the ONLY female on the boards.
but i'm super excited to start playing.
i'm in the process of getting the codex.
i just quit my job and i'm looking for another.
just yea.
not a good time for me.
plus i'm graduating in two weeks!
hell yes!
i can't wait.
well.
i'll keep everyone updated on both my fantasy and 40K armies and as soon as i create one, you guys will be the first to know.
love, peace and chicken grease
jes
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:01 am

onlyinkenya wrote:
ello.
i'm a noobie and possibly thinking of joining the table-top world and possible thinking of creating chaos space marines. any thoughts? also, i'm wanting to create an 'empire' army. i'm in love with the 'carl franz'. so if there's any advice you can give me?

With the whole buying deal there are two approaches.
1# Hobby Modeling
Ignore the rest. Just buy, build, and paint whatever looks neat. Get in games as you wish.
2# Game Playing
One bit of big advice. When starting an army do not just buy figures or kits. GW puts out alot of neat figures/vehicles that have at most minimal use. While casual purchases are a good way to support the store it can be just terrible to get into the game. So as others have said read up online, but also chat. Locals here can be chatty and some of our advice is useful.
Most importantly consider buying one army from a game system at a time. 40K has more activity here so 1K to 2K of CSM would be a good start. With Warhammer Fantasy look at some of the army boxes, they are cheeper deals and often supply useful figures.

eBay often has deals but with over two decades of mini's and a large market it requires some caution. The biggest problem seems to be old army books.

PS if you need it I have the current copy of the WFB Empire Army Book. Used (barely) and cheep, just ask Rob. Might be able to get a spare Empire Cannon as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

noobie Empty
PostSubject: Re: noobie   noobie Empty

Back to top Go down

noobie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: