CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space marine army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

army - Space marine army Empty
PostSubject: Space marine army   army - Space marine army EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:58 pm

My first army Embarassed
HQ
Chaplain
Jumpack

Troops
Tac1 9+sgt
missle launcher
flamer
frags
rhino transport

Tac2 9+sgt
missle launcher
plasma gun
sgt terminator honours
plasma pistol
frags

Tac3 9+ sgt
missle launcher
flamer
frags

Scouts 4+sgt
frags

Fast
Assult squad 4+sgt
Terminator honours sgt
plasma pistol
bolter
krak grenades
meltabombs

Elites
Vet squad 4+Sgt
power fist
frags
krak

Total 1058
So my first army. Got completely whooped in my first game by blood angels, but it was still fun as hell! Any suggestions besides vehicles or another good by to flesh out my list?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Space marine army   army - Space marine army EmptySun May 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I see a devastating lack of powerfists on your sargeants.

And scouts aren't really worth it.

Also, while it may be a decent idea in July come 5th edition, your current loadout with flamers and missile launchers and frags doesn't really work out well.

The missile launcher needs to stay immobile to fire.
The flamer wants to get close.
Frags are for actively charging enemies in cover.

In the future you might be able to break each squad into two, one with the missile launcher that stays put and the other five with the flamer and perhaps a powerfist that moves aggressively forward.

I also know you don't have a space marine codex yet, but you may want to look into the traits system where you could have two plasma guns or two flamers instead of 1 heavy and 1 special weapon.

Traditionally most competitive marine armies min/max, which is to say they take as many 6 man lascannon/plasma gun squads as possible with a few tanks and such. See Steve for his current ultramarines list, however in future editions GW seems to be disallowing such squads.
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Space marine army   army - Space marine army EmptySun May 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Cool thanks for the advice, I got a codex(finally. Thank you sci fi city) and am planning on perusing through the different chapters and hopefully picking one. Its a weak list but its all i got...now..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Space marine army   army - Space marine army EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Your Chaplain needs a bolt pistol and frag grenades.

I agree with JMarv about most of his comments. I do think that the missile launcher is a good fit into a Tactical squad. Just remember its a back up weapon not a primary there goal will be to engage the enemy close. But sometimes Eldar or Tau skimmers will out pace out so its good to be prepared, they are only 10 pts a piece. Plus if you face a horde list you can stand and shoot for the first turn or two before you move out to charge.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Space marine army   army - Space marine army EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:39 pm

The one thing that jumps out at me is having krak grenades and meltabombs on your assault marines. You only need one or the other because they are both tank-hunting weapons, but the meltabombs are better (and therefore, more expensive).

And generally no infantry squads get krak grenades b/c they rely on anti-tank support for taking out vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space marine army   army - Space marine army Empty

Back to top Go down

Space marine army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: