A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Force Construction Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Force Construction Questions   Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 am

OK looking at Space Marines and I need some assistance.

You fill the required slots then essentiall you can take up the the Max units as outlined in the codex in and order you choose.

So I choose a captain and he fills my HQ slot. However, if I take a command squad for him to lead is this the second HQ slot or does it fall in the first HQ slot?

Next - WYSIWYG is very important to 40K. Can anyone give me some pointers on which construction seems to be versitile. Or can you point me to some articles that discuss this for Space Marines. I'm really not looking for a leg up as much as I am concerned about outfitting an entire unit w/ worthless options.

And I do realize the codex will change soon so maybe going vanilla is a better option at this point.

Thanks,
John
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Force Construction Questions   Mon May 19, 2008 10:02 am

Quote :
o I choose a captain and he fills my HQ slot. However, if I take a command squad for him to lead is this the second HQ slot or does it fall in the first HQ slot?

First, as it attaches to him.

As far as WYSIWYG goes, just make sure to represent any equipment on the model that is bought in ADDITION to the equipment that comes by default.

A good bet with the next codex is that most squads will be bought in 5 man chunks. So either 5 or 10 men squads. With a heavy weapon only being available when you get the full 10.

Taking a look at the free BA codex online (the basic tactical squads anyway) will give you an idea of what to expect as far as squad composition goes. Back to WYSIWYG, you will notice that all of these marines come with grenades by default... so you wouldn't have to glue them on every single model (GW doesn't actually provide them anyway).

A good guide with WYSIWYG is to just look at how other gamers around handle it. On the net and so forth, and GW boxes.

Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cincycag.forumotion.com

Force Construction Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1