CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Stealer Cult - Eldar style

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

'Stealer Cult - Eldar style Empty
PostSubject: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 5:29 pm

All right guys, after the tournament I plan on making an army based off of an Eldar genestealer cult (yes they do exist, just read some Ciaphus Cain novels and short stories). Anyways, I plan on using the Eldar list for this army and have already got most of the units nailed down for what they are.

Patriarch - Avatar (minus molten body rule)

Primacii (48th generation) - Farseer or Autarch

Contagii (infected) - Guardians (going to be the mainstay of the list)

Malignaci (12th generation) - Wraithlords (max one big weapon)

???? (24th generation) - Guardians w/ Warlocks w/ enhance, Howling Banshees, Swooping Hawks

???? (36th generation) - Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Warpspiders

Purii (Genestealers) - Harlequins w/o Shadowseer but all w/ Harlequin's Kiss (makes sense doesn't it?)

Rules for me to follow: 0-1 Heavy Support Tank
Warlocks only cast powers that help unit
No Waveserpents
No War Walkers
Stick to the list above

Hoping this will come out looking pretty good with lots of conversions. It will be difficult to play, but that is what you get for playing a themed army.

Any comments/criticism are welcome.

(If anyone can help me find the names of the 24th and 36th generations please do so)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Not normally a fan of messing with the rules, but seeing as you aren't giving yourself any advantages I don't mind.

Sounds like a very cool idea, any idea how you will convert these models? Or will you use the old cult models from 2nd Ed?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 6:04 pm

I'll probably just buy a whole mess of guardians and mix them with tyranid bits and some chaosy things for the spikes. For the Patriarch I have an idea based around the Nurgle Deamon Prince model, and the Wraithlords are going to start out as Ogres for fantasy. Oh, and just plain old stealers for the Purii. Got to get more $ first though.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Remember Wraithguard would not really turn to follow a cult. There is nothing there to corrupt, just a spirit.

Using Ogre models wouldn't make sense as there is no flesh to corrupt.

IMO opinion there are better... counts as armies
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm running the Wraithlords as Ogres because the 1st generation (12th for Eldar) are described as enormous bloated forms. Its only because the Eldar do not really have a bigger meaner unit that you can take more than one of that I chose to count as Wraithlords.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Stealer Cult - Eldar style   'Stealer Cult - Eldar style Empty

Back to top Go down

'Stealer Cult - Eldar style
Page 1 of 1