CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Blood angel list

Go down 
+4
Matt
Rob
Nathan
FrostWolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

New Blood angel list Empty
PostSubject: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm

ok based off the ideas from the tourney here is my latest list

Blood Angels 1750 Tournament List

HQ
Mephiston 225

Lemartes 125

Elites
5 Man Death Company 55
Jump packs

Dreadnought 160
venerable
Extra armor

Troops
10 Man tactical squad 225
Plasma gun/cannon/ 1 melta bomb

Plasma gun/cannon/ 1 melta bomb

Lascannon / Melta Gun/

Lascannon / Melta Gun/
3x razorback 150

Heavy Support
Baal predator 140
Heavy Bolter side sponsons
Extra armor

Total: 1745

Last edited by FrostWolf on Wed May 21, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:34 pm

How much more is it to put on HB sponsons on the Baal? If it's 15pts then drop the meltabombs from the plasgun squads, cause they don't want to get that close to an enemy tank (hopefully the lascannons could take it out). Other than those lascannons you don't have much AT, which could (maybe, possibly) hurt you. Don't know what else to say, too tired, heading to bed early.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:36 pm

its the same cost That is the only thing I might switch back and forth from the flamer and the bolter
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Stick with the HBs. More killy fire power without having to get nasty close.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:38 pm

ok changed that
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Where is the AT. The ba'al is nice but if rending is going to turn out the way it is rumored it will bee almost strictly anti-infantry. I only see 5 heavy weapons better then range 24 and no hard hitting close combat units to speack of aside from your characters. I am sure steve and matt are going to rip me apart for this comment, but what is your plan of attack, what is your strategy to win with this list?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm

ok the las and metla guns are my anti tank, yes not much but still should do well, and my plan is to sit back use the razorbacks for fire support, the baal, dread and deathcompany/lemartes for counter charge and mephostion is if I find a nice none power anything group
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:54 pm

I think the dread is a pretty weak point in the list, no really need for that kind of counter charge (which can normally be avoided by anything that needs to avoid it)

Looks alright, not overly nasty or overly bad. I can tell you learned a thing or two from the tournament.

but where are the jump troops...

Last edited by Matt on Thu May 22, 2008 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:37 pm

You might want to drop a tac squad or two for an assault squad. also maybe add a second Baal predator.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:09 am

Do you really like Mephiston or Lemartes? This list doesnt really play to the Blood Angels strenghts, you only have 7 Jump Infantry and 2 are HQ's. I just think you could do this style list better with other marine dex's.

No Rob thats a perfectly legit question, kinda wondering the samething myself. Nothing wrong with making sure people have stepped back and developed a game plan.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Hacksaw I dropped the 2nd baal it just didnt do what I needed replaced it with the 3 razorbacks, Steve they rock they did better than any other combation or sinlge HQ(need a libby normal is junk, need a chaplin, lemartes is cheaper than normal jump pack chap with the -1 leadership he adds) and no I will not drop a tact squad I cant afford the lose of firepower, Steve no I coudlnt get what I want from another marine codex I have tried, also its the death company thing. Ahhh also yea I could see maybe dropping the dreadnought for a jump pack squad or something but who knows Im open to advice for what to do with those points(though I wouldnt mind changing the dred to a plasma cannon or somthing since no extra point cost. Keep the thoughts comeing
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:00 pm

You could trade the dread in for a vet assault squad w/ a pfist and meltagun, more hitty in cc and it will take more than one lucky shot to get rid of the squad.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:02 pm

if Im going with a vet squad I might as well go all out and either put as many pswords or fist as possible, the metlagun wont do me any good just lose me a extra attack and take up extra points or at least that is how I see it
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Okay, don't add the meltagun. Just giving a suggestion to move the Dread out of charge response category.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Actually, if you don't add the meltagun, you have enough points for a power weapon.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:58 pm

your a tau player correct? What happens when your fancy characters get shot?
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Max your DC.....Put PF on your VETS!!! Assult troops rule.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:28 am

yeah, I'd definately get some more assault troops than shooty troops. It's what BA is geared for.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:03 pm

Rob he is a indy char and I keep him behind the rest, I am a Tau player I know their tricks, Guys again i am not going to drop my shooty gun lines, maybe and I mean maybe Ill drop the melta/plasma guns but Id need something powerful enough to repalces them which I do not see happening. Again guys do not post unless you have something constructive not just add more jump troops, say what you think should be dropped(not just shooty marines either) and replace with what(specfic squads/equipment would be great)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Bruce, what they are getting at is that you should play to your armies strengths. Which in BA case is assault troops.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Matt I got that much about 3 lists back, when I had all jumper.....they all just died no matter what I did with them, so no I will not go jumper Heavy Like I said keeping the fire Lines everything else(besides the hvy guns) can go and what to put in place of them
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:24 pm

You do of course realize this list has 0% chance against an Ork horde list.
If you can't slow down close combat oriented armies your dead.

My Suggestion is drop the dread and 1 tactical squad then add 1 jump troop unit and maybe a heavy squad.

If you want to try against my orks I'm game!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:29 pm

sooooooooo, drop 2 tact dquads and replace them with 1 hvy support squad at 10 man and comabt squad it with 2 hvy guns, and then add a normal jump squad and whatever else I can fit hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Blood angel list   New Blood angel list Empty

Back to top Go down

New Blood angel list
Page 1 of 1