CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9

Go down 
+12
methoderik
Hacksaw
Affliction
Carl_Dillon
Danny
Bojesphob
wittdooley
Makari
Matt
altahara
JTPitt
Marc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Are libbies supposed to be all blue? I'm kinda new to this thing. I know that the Chaplains are black.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Apparently Blue with gold trimming....

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Librarian

Quote :
The Codex Astartes gives strict guidelines on how Librarians should appear. Their armour is always blue with gold and yellow highlights, regardless of chapter colours. Chapter heraldry is put on the left shoulder pad on power armour, and the right on terminator armour (leaving the Crux Terminatus for the left). The free shoulder pad is given over to denoting the rank, and power, of the Librarian. This is often a simple pattern for ease of recognition. Their equipment is often heavily ornamented by artificers of the chapter due to the heroism and valour shown by the Librarians, making every piece individual.5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
Apparently Blue with gold trimming....

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Librarian

Quote :
The Codex Astartes gives strict guidelines on how Librarians should appear. Their armour is always blue with gold and yellow highlights, regardless of chapter colours. Chapter heraldry is put on the left shoulder pad on power armour, and the right on terminator armour (leaving the Crux Terminatus for the left). The free shoulder pad is given over to denoting the rank, and power, of the Librarian. This is often a simple pattern for ease of recognition. Their equipment is often heavily ornamented by artificers of the chapter due to the heroism and valour shown by the Librarians, making every piece individual.5

F*ck....why didn't anyone tell me. Even Terminator Armored Libbies?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:15 pm

I didn't know about that until I just did a search on Google looking for your question, so I hadn't even known about it. I would assume that if the regular ones were that color scheme, then the termies would probably need to be. BUT, I guess if you went with your overall scheme and just added a shoulder pad/leg or something like that as the Blue/Gold/Yellow, you could probably get away with it...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Tell you the truth, if you look at Mephiston of the Blood Angels, he's completely in red, so you may be good, John. Also, it looks like the Space Wolves Librarian is all grey. Maybe that's just the general "rule" but there are exceptions to the rule.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Well looking at Space Wolves and Blood Angels probably isn't the best comparison. I mean Space Wolves don't even really have "librarians". I think an all or mostly blue librarian stuck into the rest of your force would look weird, like he was on loan from the ultramarines. I guess you could try and add some blue/gold accents, but hey it's your army. You can say that your librarians are pink if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Good...

Then I got 2 words for the Codex....

http://www.oneposter.com/UserData/Poster/Poster_3600.jpg
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Laughing

Amen brother..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:12 pm

Looking back through a few older white dwarfs I have seen where just the inside portion of one shoulder pad is blue and the rest of the armor is chapter colors. I will see if I can dig up some pics. I am wanting to think that is left shoulder on this but not solid on it. It shows their status in the general sense instead of placing them on equal ground with a trooper. I honestly think he looks fine, but fluff wise Marines are very particular about squad markings and status symbols. So depends on your take for your army.

Space Wolves do have Librarians, Rune Priests, but as a chapter they swim up stream to all the rules put in place by the standard chapters. So following them would not be wise.

Any rumors on them by the way, think I am going to redo my old army, "The Wolves of Morkai" with the double headed wolf for chapter icon. So we dont derail the topic post anything in the rumors
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 5:53 am

Couple more termies for the Thunder hammer unit. 1 more to go for a 5 man rooster slot.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 439380079_Ux3WS-O
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:40 pm

I really wish I could do gold like you. I've tried and mine just ends up looking like dogshit.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Fabulous as always. Liking the bases.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 am

Excellent work John. I love details on those termies, and as JMarv said, those bases are great looking.

For Witt - Its about how you layer and paint. I would say thin it down some and slowly adding layers to make it come out right. Gold can be hard but its matter of doing just a little bit at a time so you don't glob it.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:08 am

Is the gold NMM John?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:36 am

I guess by gold you mean the chest Aquilas and the shoulder adornments.

This is really supposed to be more of a "bone" look but I've built up reflections so I guess is similar to how I'd do NMM gold.

If it were NMM it would get another layer of highlight up to white for me and be a little more yellow in the mid tones.

But there are several recipes for NMM gold.

I try to never mix NMM and TMM on a figure.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 am

Yeah, the Aquila are what I meant. They look so nice.

In other news, Mr. G, what would it take to convince you to airbrush prime some marines for me? I'd of course supply all the paint, etc. If you don't have the time, all is well in the world. Just let me know.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:47 am

Here is my Chappy in Terminator Armor. One of the top models in the SM army IMHO. He stopped over for a visit at Yotta yesterday and enjoyed his time on the table w/ Mike's Grey Knights. Twisted Evil

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 453560049_CbK32-O
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:57 am

Ace work as always sir..
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:29 pm

wow, looks amazing as always
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 am

Here is my second full Tactical Squad. Nothing special. These are the AoBR figs (minus the true sgt). Pretty table top.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 457604896_S6F8h-O
space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 457604893_VsssQ-O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Here is a full assault squad and a Vanguard vet who can/will serve as a sergeant option

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 460819971_zap5x-O
space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 460819963_iwmYn-O
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Sharp looking squad John. I cannot wait to this army in person..
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah really looking forward to maybe getting a game in against it. Watching a game would be just as good!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:18 am

Great job John. I got a peek at this army on Sunday and WOW!!! This is spectacular!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 am

Here is my Thunderfire Cannon and Techmarine. The nice thing is I can bust out the Techmarine for the HQ slot too since he's finished.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 464384561_7gsEG-O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next