CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbrushing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Airbrushing   Airbrushing EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:14 pm

So, I was contemplating getting an airbrush to help with my vehicles and with camo painting, etc. I was looking at the Badger ones they have at Michael's.
I really think I want one, but I want to get a decent one that isn't too expensive.

Has anyone had any experience with them?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing EmptyThu May 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Angry bob recently got one i believe but i have not seen anything that he has painted with it. There was a white dwarf about a year or so back, around the time of the tournament at WOHAG that had a really nice artice in it.
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:20 am

I have a binks and a testors. The Binks is a very fine single stage, designed to paint inks, stains and varnish( the model I have) I really like the single stage for beginner because you push the button and out comes the paint.

The testors I have is the Aztec, it is a double/ single action it is a little harder to clean but the tips are disposable, so new needles are cheap about $10 and they come designed for various paint types and spray styles. The double action requires a lot more practice to use but has more flexablity with flow, both paint and air.

The people I know who have air brushes speak most highly of the Iwata and Pashee sorry spelling is awful. Michaels did carry both but I have not seen them recently. The 40% off coupons make the $120 price tag a little easier to swallow. I am using mine regularly with Vallejo model air. They are smooth spraying and you can prime with base colors that is what they are designed for. I have several that are finished, but do not have a good photo process so you could see the results the Model air mat varnish I like a lot as well. I have had difficulty finding Dull coat at times.

Does that help?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing Empty

Back to top Go down

Airbrushing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: