CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** Empty
PostSubject: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:01 pm

**Updates in RED**

Ok Round 2: Think I like this one better, but....

Again not going to list standard gear just wargear and such.

HQ:

Farseer - 148 (Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Singing Spear)

Elite:
Howling Banshees (9+Exarch) - 192 (Mirrorswords, Acrobatic, Warshout)

Troops:
Dire Avengers (9+Exarch) - 167 (Exarch Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm, Defend)
Dire Avengers (9+Exarch) - 167 (Exarch Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm, Defend)
Rangers (5) - 120 (Pathfinder)
Guardians (10+Warlock) - 144 (Spiritseer, Singing Spear, Conceal, Scatter Laser)
Guardians (10+Warlock) - 144 (Spiritseer, Singing Spear, Conceal, Scatter Laser)

Fast Attack:
Warp Spiders (7+Exarch) - 228 (Powerblades, Spinneret Rifle, Surprise Assault, Withdraw)

Heavy:

Wraithlord - 140 (Wraithblade, Bright Lance, Flamers)
Wraithlord - 140 (Wraithblade, Bright Lance, Flamers)

Total Points: 1745
Model Count: 69

Last edited by Chad on Sun May 25, 2008 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:21 am

I agree, this looks like a better list. As long as you can keep the wraithlords alive and even if you cant, this list looks like it would do very well
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:57 pm

i also like this better than your last list...

i think fortune on your farseer for the avatar would work a lot better than guide.. b/c with guide you can only guide one heavy weapon (guardians, wraithlord, etc). Fortune will keep that avatar alive for a WHILE.

rethink your wraithlord.. im thinking give one of them a bright lance instead of the sword. harlies and avatar should be good to clean up things in CC other than shooting.

that, or something similar, is going to be a strong eldar build in 5th.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:38 am

The sword, missile set up is the way i tend to run mine. Its all a atter of preference but the bright lance is far too expensivefor me. and if you happen to find yourself in combat, the rerolls to hit are a godsend and usually means you will be killing 2 of something per turn. You will kill i thing 2 - 3 more marines in as many rounds of combat which payrs its points back 4 fold. Ontop of that it looks incredibly violent making the model more appealing to shoot at which may draw fire from your other squads.
Back to top Go down
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:42 am

I would do away with the guide. None of your units have enough heavy shots to make it worth it. And yes fortune on the Avatar will help. You already know that I like Maugan Ra over the Avatar, but with fortune, "OH BOY" he is tough. Harlequins without a transport = dead Harlequins. At this point everyone knows what they can do, and when you fleet they will be closer to the enemy. Target priority will be those colorful little dancers. Bring them in a Falcon if you can fit it in your list, but this will make the points add up fast. For some reason I am not a big fan of the Harlequins, they seem to take up alot of points. Bright Lances in your guardian squads may give you trouble when it counts. Needing what they need to hit, you may be let down. You can even up the odds with Scatter. No, you won't take out any heavily armored vehicles with scatter. However, your wraithlords will if you give them bright lances instead of wraithblades. I do like the troop and FA selections, but if you have the points give your Warlocks singing spears, for those pesky dreads out of pods, or anything else that looks dangerous. I am just trying to look out for my Eldar brothers, so I hope this helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:58 am

Quote :
Ontop of that it looks incredibly violent making the model more appealing to shoot at

i agree with you there. what i did was model in the wraithblade AND two weapons on his back. this way i can use him to shoot.. then just say the wraithblade doesnt count in CC.

keep tooling with it, and listen to wayno he has some good stuff.

i think that harlies can be just fine on foot.. as they cannot be shot at. I have used them on foot and they have done ok for me. if you keep them behind your avengers and march them up.. they can be QUITE deadly.

so either a scatter laser or bright lance on your wraithlords, try to find defend for both of your avenger squads.. this works MIRACLES in close combat. it can tie a squad up for a long time while the harlequins bounce in and out constantly hiding behind the cover of a close combat. also grab fortune instead of guide. how to do it? drop a guardian squad. your avatar will support everything, not just them. im not a huge fan of guardians (though you never know what will happen in 5th).
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Ok just edited the list trying to add as much as possible to it from everyones comments...thank everone all were very good. I like when others look at your list because they see things you dont or havent tried. The fortune on the Avatar is going to be VERY NASTY. I will try to get a proxy game in while the army is in construction will let you know how it turns out.

Recap on edit:

HQ: Added - Fortune, Singing Spear; Removed - Guide

Elite: Added - 10x Banshees; Removed - 8x Harlies

Troop: Added - 2x Defend, 2x Singing Spears, 2x Scatter Laser; Removed - 2x Bright Lance, 1x Ranger

FA: n/a

Heavy: Added - 2x Bright Lance; Removed - 2x Missle Launchers
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:24 pm

i like it better now..

howling banshees are just as effective without any of the exarch powers, and i like the executioner as she already has good WS and the S5 power weapon is just excellent.

wraithlord combinations...
best to keep in cover.. T8 with cover save? yes please!

bright lance, missile launcher (good for AT, and can do infantry if needed)
missile launcher, scatter laser (light anti tank, MOWS down infantry)
scatter, starcannon (anti MEQ, light tank)
scatter, sword (infantry/MEQ close combat)

with BL and sword your kinda like... goin after carnifexes? define a role... if anti tank only.. i would find the points for an EML instead of the sword.

sword isnt a bad thing, especially if your marching it up with your army.
just define a role, then decide the combo. decide if its marching up and finding a tank or heavy infantry, or standing in cover, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I like that! That last five points will be very tough to fit in. And yes, find those wraithlords some cover. I receintly learned a valuable lesson about assault cannons VS wraithlords in the open. It was not good!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm

I am only putting one weapon on the Wraithlords because in 5th edition speculation is that they only fire one weapon on the move. That is if that rule holds true till print. I fully believe units like Wraithlords and Dreads should get in h-t-h as much as possible the are terror to kill and even if they are out manned/out geared they can still hold up some units pretty well.

And I plan on losing a both Wraithlords or a Wraithlord/Avatar while moving in for the kills, This army is built with the purpose of having big targets and if they are focused on will be taken down in a couple rounds hopefully the others getting into the other army by then. If you spread the love around most likely they will all be alive with a wound or 2 left, which is fine by me by round 4 if they are engaged in h-t-h or securing a objective in cover. This game is fickle and just going to have to try it out to see what transpires. Hopefully a "W" in record book. My old record with the Eldar is 2/1/2...think I am going to reset the meter since it has been so long since I played and we are coming up on a new edition of the rules
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:22 am

aaah i see i see.. then your wraithlord set-up seems logical if that 5th edition rule holds out. and your explanation makes sense for the wraithswords.

that clears a lot up.. should be a great army!

i, too, will be re-setting my record for 5th. its gonna be tough for eldar...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyMon May 26, 2008 4:20 am

BoLS is reporting that MC's will be able to shoot two guns (heard this a few places now).

These are rumored to be rulings in the actual printed book.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:11 pm

why did you nix the harlequins?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyMon May 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Even in 5th Ed I don't see banshees on foot making it to the enemy in any decent number.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Added Banshees to gain points, they are not there to blitz across the field going to use them for counter attacks and to clean up messes if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**   eldar - Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated** Empty

Back to top Go down

Tenative 5th Ed. Eldar (Part 2) **Updated**
Page 1 of 1