CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inquisition Composition

Go down 
+4
Nathan
SciFiCityCincinnati
Rob
Bojesphob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Inquisition Composition Empty
PostSubject: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:18 am

Ok, quick Inquisition question... Can I combine SM and IG units together for an Inquisitor's army? Army Builder doesn't seem to like it when I bring them together, but I have this really cool idea for fluff that I want to use, and I'd like to bring in Ultramarines and some of my Ultramar Guard to form an Ultramar Inquisitor force (I'll have a background written up soon for it too Smile ) So, what do you all think? Is SM and IG together in an Inquisitor's force too much? If I can come up with good fluff, is it game legal? Would you play against someone who had this type of force?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:39 am

I was reading this yesterday for something else, but i believe that to do this you either need to use the witch or deeamon hunters codex,which alow the use of a bunch of guard units, but not all. But looking at one of those codexis is the place to start. THere used to be an article on the GW site that talked about this but with the site change i do not know if it is still around
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:25 am

IIRC you have to choose either SM OR IG.

kept me from running them myself.

-eric
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:26 am

I don't think its legal, even with a WH or DH force, but it would be amazing to play all the same. If you can find some willing opponents I'm sure there won't be any problems to playing this type of army.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Its in the allies rules i thought? up to 2 troops and 1 of everything else, taking these options away from the main force. or am i trippin?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Looked it up, pg 25 in WH Codex and not sure what page in DH, but says,

"When using Allied or Inducted troops, only basic version of these troop types published in the appropriate Codex can be used. No variants of any kind can be incorporated. Either inducted Imperial Guard or allied Space Marines can be used in any one Witch Hunters army, but not both."

Thanks I will be here all week... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 5:04 pm

I guess I'll have to check out the DH book now... I would LOVE to be able to do this....
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Same thing in the DH Book sorry...
No dice.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 6:57 pm

the only exception on the basic rule are the sperate codex(blood angels, dark angels and space wolfs come to mind) but yea you cant use both in the same army
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Course you can alwasy say to hell wit it and play it anyway as long as some1 else called it cool. Especially if you played a 40k campaign. Which reminds me... Why is noone playing a 40k campaign?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:41 pm

What i meant was to play the guard as witch/deamon hunters, using inquisitorial guard. your army would have to be led by an "inquisitor" and you would have to use storm troopers as basic troops, but you would have pretty much the same tank options and such right?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:22 am

Not exactly you ar limited on what tanks you can take... and how many
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:41 am

my bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Composition   Inquisition Composition Empty

Back to top Go down

Inquisition Composition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: