CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inquisition list (1750)

Go down 
+2
Nathan
Bojesphob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Inquisition list (1750) Empty
PostSubject: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:00 am

Ok, I ran this through Army Builder, and it accepted all of it. What do you all think? Would this be competitive? What tweaks would you do to make it competitive? Should I do Rough Riders instead of the Sentinels? So... is this more competitive that what I had at the tourney?
Quote :

Inquisitor Lord
Psyker; Iron Will; Independent Character (unless leading a retinue). An Inquisitor Lord must be accompanied by a retinue of 3-12 Henchmen.; Thunder Hammer (x1); Storm Bolter; Teleport Homer; Terminator Armour; Hammerhand*

Retinue:
Warrior (The Inquisitor gains +1 WS if he has any Warriors in his retinue.) Veteran Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Grenade Launcher; Targeter
Warrior Veteran Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun; Targeter
Warrior Veteran Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Plasmagun; Targeter

Troops: Infantry Platoon
Command Squad
Junior Officer Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Melta Bombs
Guardsmen 4 Vox Caster; Lasgun (x3); Missile Launcher
Infantry Squad 9 Lasgun (x7); Meltagun; Autocannon
Sergeant Laspistol & CCW
Infantry Squad 9 Lasgun (x7); Plasmagun; Lascannon
Sergeant Laspistol & CCW
Sergeant 1 Laspistol & CCW

Troops: Infantry Platoon
Junior Officer Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon
Guardsmen 4 Vox Caster; Lasgun (x3); Missile Launcher
Sergeant Laspistol & CCW
Sergeant Laspistol & CCW
Infantry Squad 9 Lasgun (x7); Meltagun; Autocannon
Sergeant Laspistol & CCW

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank Hunter Killer Missile; Pintle Storm Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Track Guards; Battle Cannon; Hull Mounted Lascannon; Sponson Heavy Bolter

Troops: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 5 Frag Grenades; Hellgun (x3); Plasmagun (x2); Targeter
Veteran Stormtrooper 1 Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenades; Power Fist (x1); Combi-Meltagun; Power Armour

Troops: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 5 Frag Grenades; Hellgun (x4); Grenade Launcher (x1); Targeter
Veteran Stormtrooper 1 Frag Grenade (Squad); Power Fist (x1); Bolter

Fast Attack: Sentinel Squadron
Sentinel Squadron
Sentinel 2 Scouts, open topped; Armoured Crew Compartment (x2); Autocannon (x2)

Elite: Assassin Operative
Assassin Operative Independent Character; Fearless; Infiltrate; Invulnerable; Vindicare Assassin; Exitus Pistol; Exitus Rifle; Spy Mask; Stealth Suit; Marksman

HQ: Deathwatch Kill Team (6)
Deathwatch Kill Team 4: Deep Strike; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Bolter & CCW (x3); Plasmagun (x1); True Grit; Deathwatch Veterans
Deathwatch Captain Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Close Combat Weapon (x1); Bolter; True Grit
Deathwatch Veterans Deep Strike; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Lightning Claws (pair) (x1); True Grit

* Use at the beginning of any Assault phase. Doubles basic Strength of the user until his next turn. User counts as having an additional close combat weapon. Note that this power does not affect Armour saves or striking order. User may not use any weapons until the beginning of his next turn.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm

The Deathwatch can be a huge points sink, so I really don't suggest them. Get a psychic hood on the =][=, and Hammerhand really isn't useful since you all ready have a thunder hammer.

The Vindicare will almost never earn his points back, but he can be useful. But he will only average 2.67 kills a game I think (more if you use his Hellfire round).

The power armour on the vet sarge for one of the Stormtroopers squads is a waste IMO. It might save him come 5th, but his squad is so small it really won't matter.

Don't know what you're trying to accomplish with the retinue. If you ever have a choice to make your character cc, shooty, or balanced, always go for pure shooty or cc. The plasma gun makes you =][= unable to charge if it shoots, but because you have so many special weapons in there makes me think you want to shoot with his unit. IMO Inquisitors are much better shooty.

Don't know much about the IG units, so no comments there. OK, rant over silent
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:48 pm

Yeah seems like the army is a bit all over the place and needs a bit more direction.

You def need the psychic hood on the =I=
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm

lol....
Quote :
a bit all over the place
Story of my life it tis!

Uh, yeah, since I've never really done anything with Daemonhunters, I didn't know where to start, so I just started adding stuff! That's why I thought I would post, so I could start somewhere and take off from there.

So....
1) Psychic hood instead of hammerhand
2) No deathwatch
3) larger stormtrooper units?

I still like the concept of the vindicare, since it's always nice to have a unit that in most cases can't be seen and can snipe... though, the Calidus that I played against in the tourney did give me some trouble! Argh.. I do know that i want an assassin of some sort...

I guess I could go with Rough Riders along with the sentinels, with larger stormtrooper units, or something like that...

But, I do REALLY want to have at least some good CC stuff, and I was thinking that if I had an Inquisitor with some good CC ability, that a shooty retinue would make up for his lack of shooting ability... Would it be better to have them all CC?

The other IG units are pretty well balanced (for guard), as other than CC I was happy with how they performed in the tourney....
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Just give in and worship Khorne!

so Victkor Drakesbane and the Knights of Vánargand can hunt you down! Laughing

Seriously, focus on what you want the unit to do. CC? Get power weapons, Priests, Power Fists, whatever! KILL KILL KILL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:51 pm

An inquisitor on his on ready to counter charge with a unit or two of rough riders would probably be better than using him with a retinue. Would be cool if he could move faster though.

I don't think he makes that terribly good of an assault unit anyway.

Grey Knight grandmasters work a lot better. Grey Knights in general.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Well, it says that an Inquisitor Lord must be accompanied by a retinue of 3-12 henchmen.... If I just do an Inquisitor, would he not need a retinue? Can I still do the termie armor with a plain inquisitor? I really need to have a copy of the codex with me.... lol Smile An Inquisitor with some rough riders... I think I like that Smile

Oh, and I really don't want to do Grey Knights.... What I'm trying to do is stay with the UM theme, and it seems like the way I'm doing the army at the moment lends itself the best to accomplishing that... I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it wrong...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

You could always do grey knights and have them be represented by ultramarine models. Maybe do some cool modeling to explain certain things.

Just an idea.

Not sure if he needs to have a retinue. No codex on hand.

Might be hard including him with the roughriders, as they are too fast for him to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Inquisitor Lords must have a retinue w/ a minimum of 3 guys, max 12. An Elite slot Inquisitor must have a retinue w/ a minimum of 0, max 6. For a combat oriented Inquisitor I would go with Witch Hunters. They can have the warriors with nets or something. They are much better with cc than DH =][=.

Callidus assassins IMO are the best assassin, though it sets you back 220 (or 120? can't remember now) pts. But if you can use the super infiltrate to kill a heavy weapons squad in the back you can get the points back pretty easily.

I was just making the comment that the power armour on the sergeant is kind of useless considering he was in a squad with only 2 ablative wounds. But you could bump up the squads, maybe get rid of the combi-melta on the sergeant. Keep the bolters though, 'cause of 5ths no +1 attack deal.

Always remember though, For the Emporer!

=][=
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm

YEAH...STAY AWAY FROM THE GREY KNIGHTS!!!!

Tired of everyone pissing on my parade...LOL
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:22 pm

How many armies ago were the GK CJ?
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 2:40 am

Nathan wrote:
Callidus assassins IMO are the best assassin, though it sets you back 220 (or 120? can't remember now) pts. But if you can use the super infiltrate to kill a heavy weapons squad in the back you can get the points back pretty easily.[/size]
120 and worth every point. bounce
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 2:43 am

Bojesphob1 if you are going through the effort to get in two Troops of Inducted IG then it wouldn't be so bad to scrounge up 185pts and bring in a Lemun Russ Battletank.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:31 am

Hey, Angry, there's a Russ in there Smile
Quote :
Heavy Support: Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank Hunter Killer Missile; Pintle Storm Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Track Guards; Battle Cannon; Hull Mounted Lascannon; Sponson Heavy Bolter
between the Infantry platoons and the Stormtroopers... sorry, this is the way I entered it into Army Builder, and it's the way it exported it....
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:24 am

Naah it was my bad. Looking at the list around 2am so things were a bit blurry.

Inside the troop sellections... had to re-read that area to actually see it like right now. You are certainly right that is an odd export for Army Builder.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:48 am

Only 3 Nate!!!
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:58 am

Quote :
Inquisitor Lord
Psyker; Iron Will; Independent Character (unless
leading a retinue). An Inquisitor Lord must be accompanied by a retinue
of 3-12 Henchmen.; Thunder Hammer (x1); Storm Bolter; Teleport Homer;
Terminator Armour; Hammerhand*
Once using a regular Plastic Terminator with conversion work I put together an Inquistor in terminator armor with a Psycannon. Currently the figure seems lost in the warp so no one has seen it since Cincinnati Scifi. It is rather rare in the 40K univrse when an army commander can carry a heavy weapon.

Saves wise you can bet a better set of them with Artifcer Armor and the Icon of the Just (2+/4+).
Quote :
Retinue:
Warrior (The
Inquisitor gains +1 WS if he has any Warriors in his retinue.) Veteran
Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Grenade Launcher; Targeter
Warrior Veteran Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun; Targeter
Warrior Veteran Guardsman Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Plasmagun; Targeter
Consider dropping a pair of either the Inducted IG Autocannons or Lascannons. Personally I'd keep the four anti-tank shots but for ballance keeping the autocannons would be in order.

If the Lascannon teams are truely going to be used for ranged anti-tank and are fully expendable and you over the limit squeeze the extra points by taking out the special weapons.

Or use some of the other dropped points.

Take them and build up the retinue. For ten points and Sage model you can have a BS 5 Lord. Add that to in Termie Armor with a Psycannon and he'll be shooting three feet 24/7 with a big stick compared to the enemy commanders choice of sidearm.

Consider some Acolytes. Carapace Armor and either a Storm Bolter or Combi Weapon and you've doubled your 4+ armor saves. They are a bit pricey clocking in at 23 points a model (heck Grey Knights are only 25!) but this seems to be GWs mindset with regular humans in any codex.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:09 pm

A little sidebar on vehicles.

I like to mount Storm Troopers and Inquistor Lords inside Chimera's. They are inexpensive mobile heavy weapon platforms. Sometimes they are used to get the troops where they are needed, sometimes they are vehicle meat sheilds for the ordinance.

Plasma Parties are the best. Just open the rear hatch so they are open top, rush an enemy, drop them off in front of the vehicle (closest to the target), and fire five BS 4 plasma shots. If the vehicle only moved six inches toss in a heavy bolter and multi-laser shots for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition list (1750)   Inquisition list (1750) Empty

Back to top Go down

Inquisition list (1750)
Page 1 of 1