CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Fantasy moments!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Favorite Fantasy moments! Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:30 am

ok, since it's friday...and I got nothing better to do (work is boring) I was thinking about all the awesome fantasy games I've experienced in the past...

which lead me to one of my greatest fantasy experiences ever...

I was at a Rouge Trader at Origins, about five years ago. I was pretty n00bish, running all Chaos Khorne Cav. I was hardcore Chaos player still then, with three units of Khorne Knights (8 men per unit with upgrades) and then two units of Marauder Horsemen (again, 8 men per unit, with upgrades) I actually took some time to write up some fluff around the army and what not. Like I said, I was ultra hardcore chaos nut right then!

Actually, I still remember the entire list:

Seric Dhemodus
Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Blade of Rending, Daemonic Steed, Eye of Chaos (the item that gives 4+ ward, but you turn into a spawn if you run away), and enchanted shield

unit of 8 Chosen Knights of Khorne, full command

unit of 8 Knights of Khorne, full command

unit of 7 Knights of Khorne, full command

Aspiring Champion of Khorne, Chaos Steed, Sword of Might, random magical Chaos Armor (the leadership test one I think study

two units of Marauder horsemen, unit champion, spears and shields.

...remember this was 6th ed, so I got rank bonuses from 4 wide...

Anyway, it was a two day Warhammer-beatdown-a-thon! The first day I played against Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, and Dwarves.

Things went pretty well for me, I am smart enough to handle the baiting with Frenzied models. I also had awesome luck at the time. The poor High Elf player could not get a bolt thrower to work out at all...

Anyway, the best moment of that tourney was day two...first game. I was playing against a Bretonnian player...everyone was saying this would be the game I lost. Anyway, Since I am the Fantasy Overlord I managed to destroy all of his units, except his huge ass Grail Knight unit. I spent three 1/2 turns chasing that bastard around the table. It was terrible. Only time I ever looked at my opponent and told him he was a total piece of shit. Yes, I called him out and told him he was being a chickenshit. It was awesome!

Anyway, I ended up winning that battle, and the next, and finally losing to another Chaos player that out numbered me 4 to 1 (ran a lot of beast units)

I won Best overall at that event...and you know what I got? A 40K book signed by Andy Chambers. hahaha!

Anyway, anyone else have some awesome moments in Fantasy?

...o yeah, the (now) wife fell in love with Orcs at that event, so I quickly purchased an Orc and Gobbo army afterwards! good times!

Warhammer Fantasy roXXors!

Edit: Random tidbit: I ended up playing against that same Bret player a few years later, at a Rogue Trader in Columbus. Then I was running Khorne Demonic Legion (see a pattern here?) This time I was ready for his shenanigans. Bloodthirster down the throat of the Grail Knights. Stupid poof tests lost me the game though. He still didn't have his knights painted! rabbit

Last edited by kainthedragoonx on Fri May 30, 2008 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : random typos! and more info!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:39 am

Such a modest post Wink

Quote :
and told him he was a total piece of shit

Hopefully all in good fun, as you understand we try not to encourage that kind of thing on these boards!

I have totally unrelated but equally awesome fantasy moment.

Back in 5th my brother was screaming at me about something or another. The way younger brothers at the age of around 7/8 do from time to time.

Anyway, he finally got tired of screaming with rage at me and turned to walk out of the room when he managed to step on a halberd from a chaos warrior (I played on the floor back then, must have broken off during a game and gone unnoticed). It even drew blood!

Karma baby Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:06 am

Matt wrote:
Such a modest post Wink

Quote :
and told him he was a total piece of shit

Hopefully all in good fun, as you understand we try not to encourage that kind of thing on these boards!

hahaha, nice! making your younger brother bleed. I never played on the floor, so I didn't get that experience.

Yes, I have an ego...borderline Megalomania...just ask Mr T! Anyway, it was not really "in good fun" since he was running away from me for a better part of three turns. If you come to a tourney, you better bring your A game. Running away from your opponent is not "A-Game." I play for Fun when I play...but I want to play. Chasing a unit of 15 Grail Knights or whatever in Lance formation (the old V) is not playing.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:13 am

Look at it from his perspective through, running away beats losing his men for no reason.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:21 am

I guess it is just was such a strange "tactic"...

and no, if I had 600+ points in one massive unit I would be working my butt of trying to do as much damage as I could. There were ample chances to arrange a good charge on the flank of one of my knight units. that is a lot of attacks into a flank. Sure, if he didn't break the unit, I would counter-charged, but it's a risk and reward style game!
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:27 am

Nothing wrong with going the "points denial" route. Draw better than a loss.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:39 am

even when he was already in a lost? At the point he was at, I claimed a victory. The game was lost, he should have turned and fought.

And I don't think there allowed draws in this Rogue Trader.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:47 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
He still didn't have his knights painted! rabbit
Hey some of my models from the Nagash days are still not painted! jocolor

Lets see.. famorite moments. Way back when Nagash roamed a kitchen floor he dropped a Curse of the Years on a stegedon. Of all the twenty or so sinks mounted the lone wizard died.

With the last Vamire Counts book at Cincinnati Scifi a chariot mounted chaos character charge my ranked unit of undead. So my battle standard wight went ahead and challenged him to single combat. The blood thirsty chaos warrior ginergly got out of his chariot and somehow fail to kill my wight (the dice can be such bastards sometimes). On the return swing the wight got in a killing blow.

A bit more recently at WoHoG we had an after hours mega battle between Undead and an alliance of Dwarves and Hight Elves. Lost my Zombie Dragon to two long range bolt thrower shots in the enemies first turn of shooting, statistically it was under a 2% chance of happening. Took my Vampire Lord the better part of the battle to WALK across the table to fight an epic battle with Dwarven Commander in the last turns of the game.

In that same battle I had a large unit of Fell Bats glide right over the heads of the dwarves front battle line. Then next turn charge a lone Hight Elf wizard on horsey back. Yet the pointy eared bastard made his 6+ mounted save and dished a wound in return tying combat (the only more ulikely situations is if more of my attcks hit, wounded, and he made all the 6+ saves). This elf was so determined that he held me long enough that the dwarves were about to turn completly around and charge the trapped bats slaughtering them completely. It was hillarious to be on the receiving end of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fantasy moments!   Favorite Fantasy moments! Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Fantasy moments!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy General Discussion-
Jump to: