CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal

Go down 
+3
Wolfgirl23
Matt
Bojesphob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Empty
PostSubject: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Well, I figured since I got the Macharius Vulcan today, that after I finished some projects outside, I'd work on it some today! Anyhow, I'm so excited about this tank, that I decided to do a WIP journal, with pics of course!!

Starting off, I pulled everything out of the box Smile
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Outofbox

Not too shabby! Most of the tracks are already on the body (THANK GOD!!) and I really couldn't find any pieces that had any big bubbles in it, so no green stuff filling for me!!

So, I took out the Cadian tank crew, and assembled them and stuck them into the tank. Now, I still haven't glued them in yet, as I want to paint them before I put them in (so I have enough room to get all of the details).

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Alittleassembled
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Now, after around 3 hours of assembly (yeah, only 3! The Baneblade I built last was ~6 to 8!!), I can say I'm 99% happy with the product (I've got a few more pieces to get on it):

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Macharius

Turret:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Machariusturret

Driver:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusDriver

I'll keep posting updates as I go along Smile The most amazing thing about this tank is that it's smaller than the Baneblades I have, but weights about twice as much of one!!!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Ok, one last pic for the evening..... Here is my mechanized force for my Inquisitor Ultramar Apocalypse army Smile

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Mechanizedforce
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:46 am

gotta love forgeworld models.

it really really helps to wash resin pieces... not sure if you did or not.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 am

Sweet Mama that's nice. Can't wait to see the steps.... while I wait for my stuff. Crying or Very sad

One tip I learned reading a book by a professional modeler was to seal between steps with dullcoat. That allowed the figure to be handled (gingerly) without a lot of worry about losing detail.

I did a large resin piece that must have had 20+ shots of dullcoat as I moved through the painting of it.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:57 am

Haven't washed it yet, Matt, but that was the plan, as there's a lot of release stuff on it (it looks like I got messy with the super glue there's so much of it!) . But, yeah, before I prime it, definitely going to wash it....

Thanks, John, I'll keep that in mind when I start painting. I'm definitely going to try to make this the absolute centerpiece of my models, so I'll need to make sure I get all of the details and what not right, and that should help! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 12:47 am

Wow.... Now, before I post any more pictures, I just have to say, I by no means tried to rush this!! I actually tried to take my time!

What I mean is, I started painting around 5 this afternoon, and just finished about 20 minutes ago (at about 12:20)..... So, basically, I painted for about 7 hours with about an hour for eating dinner.

Macharius primed:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusPrimed

First coat of paint:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusSomePaint

Ready for clear coat!:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusSide

From the front:
Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusFront

Now, as always, this looks SOOO much better in person! It's actually a lot darker than the other stuff I've done, mainly because I didn't want to drybrush it as many times as I did the other stuff (it seems to have kept the colors better when inking). Also, I did an almost camo type scheme on this one with Camo green and the Khemri Brown (instead of just the brown), so it has a little bit of a different look because of that as well! I'm going to try and take a pic of it tomorrow when the sun's out so that I don't have to use the flash, which tends to flush the colors and the detail....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:54 pm

That is sweeeet looking! Now I know where to go once I get my tanks and have questions on painting!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks, noakei! Smile Actually, all I know is that what I did with this was extremely easy... well, until I got into the details... The actual overall painting was very straightforward and easy to do.

Here is another shot, a little closer to real light. If you all remember what my other tanks looked like (the Baneblade is in the pic real color as well), that should give you an idea of what this looks like now without the flash of the camera. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to get my camera's timer to work so that my hands shaking won't ruin the pic....

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Macharius2
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Shocked

Well done!

What stats do those big arse guns have?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Str 6 AP3 Heavy 15

Crazy Huh?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:52 pm

whats the range if i rember right its over 72(like 90 something isnt it)?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:18 pm

68" is what Army Builder says
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:54 pm

hence why forgeworld stuff is permission based or apocalypse only (and by permission based, i mean you give permission to be utterly stomped by the forgeworld model you have been asked to permit Wink)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Well, I don't know if any of you are still interested in seeing better pics of this or not, but thought I would share in case any of you did...

I FINALLY went outside and took some non-flash pics in the sun of the Macharius, below:

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusInSun2

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal MachariusInSun

This is a LOT closer to what it looks like in person Smile
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 pm

all i can say is wow that looks bad ass those guns are nast str 6 ap 3 and with 15 shots ooooch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal   Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal Empty

Back to top Go down

Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: