CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have a problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Ok so I primed my Slaanesh Daemonettes and it didn't quite work out as planned. The paint was old, years old, and I probably shouldn't have use it but ya know. Problem is that they look like they have goose bumps, or pimples, or pollen, or whatever you wanna call it, but there's bumps all over them. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Should I prime again with new paint? Same color? Or just try to paint and hope it smooths out? or is there another trick possibly?
Back to top Go down

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm

you're problem may not be the paint so much as the humidity. Especially considering the weather this weekend...if you primed outside.

I find nothing really takes care of getting rid of the bumps except stripping and starting over.

I've tried a brass bristle brush to even the surface ( a soft one) and then paint over it. It was miserable. paint didn't flow correctly and I was still unhappy with the results.

wish I had better news for you CD.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm

ok, well should I strip with pine sol on plastic minis?
Back to top Go down

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 pm

that is something I don't have experience with .....stipping plastics. I think it is ok though ...but Id check other sources.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:59 pm

I use pine sol for plastic minis. But make sure to watch them very closely, checking every 4 hours or so. If you leave them too long they will most certainly melt (something the pine sol does to the GW plastic if exposed for too long).

Also, they something require pretty hard brushing with a toothbrush to clean completely. Which could break the fragile demonette models.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I always plug brush on primer in these situations. I did use spray primer for my Macharius, but most of the time, though, when it's really sticky, or cold, or rainy outside, it's nice to have Reaper brush on primer. The only thing that can happen with it is that you can make it too runny and it doesn't stay very well, or if you put too much on you can blur the details a little (not much though). Then, you prime one, and while it's drying, you prime a second, and by the time you're done with the second, the first is ready to paint, and you don't have to get up from your seat! Smile But, yeah, sounds like you need to strip them down and start over Sad
Back to top Go down

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:46 am

Totally agree Joe.

If it was overly humid I would either A. Brush on or B. wait and do a ton of priming on a "good" day outside.

I just used Liquitex Black/white/Grey Gesso - thinned to prime.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:30 pm

ok so I guess I learned my lesson, can't get better without a few bumps in the road, or bumps on the slaanesh
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Sounds like they caught something from Nurgle! Too much being Slaneesh to think about catching something!

(10pts for whoever gets the joke in that Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem   I have a problem Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a problem
Page 1 of 1