CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? Empty
PostSubject: CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?   CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:03 pm

So I was thinking recently about 5th Ed, specifically about dreadnoughts be they venerable or regular. Especially those equiped with the lovely drop pod.

The heavy flamer will be golden in 5th by getting rid of cover saves and even forcing a lot of saves on power armor, coupled by the ever present assault cannon.

But what got me thinking is that if a dread gets to charge a vehicle it swings at rear armor with Str 10. Thats about as good as it gets barring a fex or a vindicator.

Do Y'all think this would be a decent tactic? A pod coming down in their lines allowing the dread to flame and open up on one squad, and then in subsequent turns make the vehicles run away if they don't want to take Str 10 hits to their rear armor.
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?   CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:32 pm

also makes a great distraction and divert some of the enemies fire awy from advancing troops. Who wants a Dread rampaging through their lines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?   CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Diaper changes would be in order....LOL
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?   CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Don't matter too me don't have much cept the battle wagon that has good armor. And unless I'm playin my Wagon army orks don't care cept you got closer for them!!! Razz but yes I like that idea for tank bustin.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?   CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank? Empty

Back to top Go down

CC Dreadnought as Anti Tank?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: