CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gen Con Lodging

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:19 pm

This'll be my first time going up for more then a day. Stayign two nights in a hotel and wonder if anyone has any suggestions or pointers on places for those nights thnx
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:50 am

from a friend whose gone several years in a row they said they use the Econolodge, they said it's only 46 a night and there's a shuttle to take you down there, not the greatest of ammenities but it's not like you'll be spending much time in the hotel
Back to top Go down

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:58 am

I'd be concerned about booking a hotel so late. It may be difficult unless you are over 30 minutes out.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:51 pm

Probably will be but i dont konw how many are coming with me exactly just yet. so if its 30 mins out so be it....looks like 30 mins it is lol.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 5:31 pm

For people who like to use the skywalks and not drive hotel registration used to be done at the end of the last con. I think that was changed to some kind of notification system like six months out now.

Our expert Nick knows since he registers and get a hotel for both Origins and Gencon early as possible. Will try and ask him.

On my last two night motel dash to Gencon it was in one of those $40 a night motels and close to 30 minutes out as John M mentions.

Some other bits about Gencon to know. There a have been exibition football games going on at the same time as the con (Sat or Sun only) so parking gargage prices can jump to $20 or worse for the day. Close hotels always fill up fast, it is a merciless feeding frenzy (Origins is much the same way).

I personaly like to do a hit-n-run on a convention, that's my mentality. But seriously the best way is to use the websites way in advance and agressively check hotels.
Back to top Go down

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:07 am

Angry Bob wrote:

Some other bits about Gencon to know. There a have been exibition football games going on at the same time as the con (Sat or Sun only) so parking gargage prices can jump to $20 or worse for the day. Close hotels always fill up fast, it is a merciless feeding frenzy (Origins is much the same way).

hmmm... I've never experienced this in 4 years. Usually some one big (Wizards) as CCGs running IN the RCA dome now.

To get the GC housing block you must buy a "pass". Then you get a CODE to use to buy hotels in the block "at a discount".

However, the day housing opens up it is impossible to get a hotel and the sell out crazy fast.

I always book one at going rate the ASAP. Then, if I like what I can get in the housing block I cancel the reseveration.
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Thnx for the advice. Prob going to wing hte hotel wit a thrity min out deal and hopefully get lucky. Not my favored plan but hell no guts...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gen Con Lodging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gen Con Lodging   Gen Con Lodging Empty

Back to top Go down

Gen Con Lodging
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: