CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint Celestine WIP

Go down 
+3
Carl_Dillon
JTPitt
Wolfgirl23
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

Saint Celestine WIP Empty
PostSubject: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Here is what happens on a lazy Sunday... It is still a work in progress (obviously) and any suggestions are welcome.

Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3132
Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3133
Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3134
Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3135
Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3136
Saint Celestine WIP DSC_3137
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm

I liked the model a lot. The only things that I can think of is to watch how much paint you are putting on your brush. This will help keep down the amount of build up and make it much easier to do the clean lines you need. It will also help with the face of the character. A good idea that I like to use is, use the 000 brush that Sean has and make the outlines of the part you are painting at the time. This way it helps keep your lines clean and helps you to paint with in a defined line.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:23 pm

very cool! You put in a lot of work and it is looking great!
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:34 pm

uh, why is this model chocking a bird? in her left hand...

only thing i can see is the whites, give them a grey wash.. just to make the ridges stick out.. or other colour i dont know..
Back to top Go down
WarEagleChick
Neophyte
WarEagleChick

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Awesome! Much better pictures than the one you sent me over text.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 am

I like what you've done so far. One suggesting that would improve the overall look of this figure is to define areas w/ some black lining. A small brush and thinned black paint.

Areas to define.

Gold armor from purple and fleur de lis on legs.
Pink skirting from armor.
around the bird in hand.

Next suggestion would be to shade the eyes a little bit. a small amount of your base flesh mixed with dark brown or black. Then thin w/ water....maybe 5 water, 1 paint. Then just go under your pupil and around the nose. Under the brow too.

Good luck and keep painting. This is a very challenging figure.
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 pm

I really need to post my St. Celestine on here. Looks good. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm

If you're curious, there is a BADASS model from Privateer Press that could potentially make a really nice Celestine replacement model.

The Harbinger of...The Sisters of Battle!
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 pm

wittdooley wrote:
If you're curious, there is a BADASS model from Privateer Press that could potentially make a really nice Celestine replacement model.

The Harbinger of...The Sisters of Battle!

You know, that would make a fun conversion! bounce swap out the shoulder pads with some space marine ones and use green stuff to make some sisters icons. Chop the head and do a swap with one not blind folded. swap out the sword and of course change the banner to a sisters version Exclamation
oh and add some of the servo skulls from the devastator box sets hovering around her base
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Yeah, back in my Warmachining days, I built and painted one of her. Quite possibly the hardest model I've ever had to put together. TONS of pinning required.

But yeah, I don't know if you'd have to do THAT much customizing Smile but I think it could be a neat project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Celestine WIP   Saint Celestine WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Saint Celestine WIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: