A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 am

kaaden wrote:
CJ you and my Orc and Gobbos are gonna have to battle it out... I dont quite have 2250 yet but I'm sure I'm close. All I need is a spear chukka and Grimgor and I'm at 2250

hey now don't go promising other people I got first dibs against your orks...or eldar whichever one you were planning on playing! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:37 am

Oh the wood elves can get abused too if you like ha ha. But The Eldar and/or Space Orks are ready as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 am

Keith....we can gon any point cost whatever is easier.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 pm

with a show of hands or pms please let me know who is for sure planning on showing up for this!!!
It will help Kendall and I arrange things for this event.

Please try to have a couple of things on hand if you plan to play.

Dice
Pen & Paper
Measuring device
Rulebook
Codex or army Book (there is a difference lol)
Army List:
40K: 2500 for the 'ard Boyz Tourney, 1750 forother 40K tourneys, 1000 points cause you like playing broken lists... lol

Fantasy: 2250 for Tourney lists, 1500 cause your weird, 1000 cause your a newbie!

of course you don't jhave to bring these list and can play other amounts but I wanted to standardize some of the games. 2 tables will be for Fantasy 1 will be siege ready, and 1 regular board. (I wanna play siege.)
4 tables for 40K seeing as it is the reason why we will be there.
I will be supplying all the terrain, no more is needed so no confusions.

Thanks in advance!!!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm

im going to be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm

duh.......5 minutes away from home.....I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm 100% in.

I'll bring WHFB - Orcs and Gobbos @ 2250 and a 1000 break since I'm new. I'll be up at 8'ish and I intend to be fully painted cheers )

I can also bring 40K and some painting stuff if folks want to play around with their brushes.

Regards,

John
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'd love to be there.... but, if a court date and a hurricane don't screw things up, I'll probably be in Florida for work and vacation starting on the 4th! Sad (well, Smile for going on vacation, but Sad for missing such a great event!) If I don't end up going, I'll definitely be there...

A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMarv
The MathHammer

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm trying my best to be there for the whole time, and will definitely stop by.

JG, I'd love to throw down, either Fantasy or 40K or paint. I'll bring my dwarfs and space wolves.

-John
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 am

JMarv wrote:
I'm trying my best to be there for the whole time, and will definitely stop by.

JG, I'd love to throw down, either Fantasy or 40K or paint. I'll bring my dwarfs and space wolves.

-John

I'll pencil you in for WHFB. 1000 for training or just go full boat and fight through the Noobs mistakes?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:44 am

Your choice. I'll be making noob mistakes too.

If you care, at 1000 I'll have wysiwig units. At 2250 I'll have to have a few movement trays with paper signs that say, "Hi, I'm a bolt thrower!" Don't know if you care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:03 am

are you still in need of dwarfs? What ya need?

Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:30 am

paper units are fine with me. Although it'll be quite embarrassing to lose to the the ultra white laser quality dwarfs
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:34 am

I'm just saying I can bring dwarfs to help...

I really want to get a siege game in so any takers?

Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 am

whats a siege game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMarv
The MathHammer

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 am

Sean, if you have any warmachines (bolt and grudge throwers, organ gun) that would be appreciated.

Those are pretty much the critical things that I am missing. Other things like, which do I like more, longbeards or ironbreakers don't really matter, but I need more than a cannon in a dwarf army.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 am

I've got one of these.... if you want to go old school version of a Grudge thrower.

http://jgemrich.smugmug.com/photos/302274785_94CLK-L.jpg
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 am

That is friggin AWESOME i love it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 am

Sean - Do I need to bring up any terrain or a portable table?

Not sure what the gaming situation is like in the store even though I've been shopping there.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:00 am

Sean said he would supply all of the terrain for this event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 am

JTPitt wrote:
Sean said he would supply all of the terrain for this event.

Great. Thanks.....

In case anyone is curious the GobLobber was released in Sept 1987 for use in First edition.

Quote :
GOB-LOBBER

Gob-Lobber is a stone thrower. and follows the normal rules for machines of this type (Warhammer Book 1. pp 50-1). When Goblins are used as ammunition, each crature hit (including the netted Goblin) takes one S 6 hit rather than D3. Any Goblinoid unit struck by a Goblin from the catapult must make an immediate rout test
Back to top Go down
kendallswafford
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 am

John Gemrich wrote:
Sean - Do I need to bring up any terrain or a portable table?

Not sure what the gaming situation is like in the store even though I've been shopping there.

Since this is after hours, some of the displays will be moved to make space for more tables. Last month, since I hosted the event on a Saturday afternoon, we were confined space-wise. I have plenty of tables, thanks John.

I'm planning on 6 gaming tables (1 of those for demo?) and 1 painting table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.upupandawaycomics.com

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks Kendall.

Will the painting table be near an outlet? If I'm painting I usually bring a portable Ott light since I can't see very well without it (....sobs about getting old).
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 am

The Gob-lobber is pretty cool looking, although I'm not sure if the goblin ammo is cool looking or not although I would use the normal rules regardless.

The dwarf models themselves are not as good as the make now though, but the ammo crew from skull pass can be added for about .99 plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 am

JMarv wrote:

The dwarf models themselves are not as good as the make now though....

Shocked Shocked

I love all the old school dwarfs. Especially the empire looking ones. Way more character in their faces then the new stuff.

I'll try and forgive your sinful comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach   Today at 3:07 am

Back to top Go down

Assault on Up,Up, & Away er... I mean Black Reach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next