CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Product Review:  Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul Empty
PostSubject: Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul   Product Review:  Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 am

OK - so I try not to pimp a lot of stuff but I wanted to bring attention to this video.

I got a copy at Gen Con and copies are avaialable at

http://www.thewarstore.com/product42230.html

I also believe you can find it on You tube but I'm not sure about the video quality.

Issues:
The DVD does have some "quirks". It doesn't play well on cheaper DVD players but should be good in a computer DVD. Example. If I forward a section sometimes it reverts to the French version of the section. While annoying you can usually get to where you need and in the English format. I've been told that a re-release should take care of these issues but can't quarantee it.

DVD is dubbed or subtitled in English. This does not present an issue since all of the video is upclose of the painting.

Best viewed by:
I believe this video is best viewed with someone who has a good base of knowledge and can work up into the more advanced techniques shown. None of the techniques are difficult but terminology used to explain them may be difficult to understand. However if you are a visual learner then you won't have much problem or watch and then practice with someone with art training or that has been painting a while. This is not to say a beginner will not gather a wealth of information from the video but they will not pull as much as someone with experience.

Production QualityMediocre. The lighting and upcloses could have been better. I compare this with the Privateer Press CORE techinque video which has excellent production value. It is a good video for a beginner but considerably less information and really "glosses" over a lot of techniques. A lot of information is left out.

Commentary: Jeremie explains how to and how not to. He also tells you that the techniques come with practice and they are not the only way to paint but the way he prefers.

The artist obviously loves to teach. He goes into, at times exhaust

Content: TONS (over 7 hours)
Basing tutorials - Outstanding
Color Theory - Good
Shading - Very good.
Base coats - Very good
Detail Painting - Good
Lighting - WHOA - gotta check out his Zenithal "preshade" technique
Non Metallic Metal - harder to follow but good verbal explanation
True Metalic Paint - excellent and easy techniques to follow
Common Mistakes (and how to fix) - good.
Painting faces - Hard to follow what he does in a small area but good verbal explaination.
Eyes - similar
Others areas - Gems, Leather, blood splatters (btw -the same technique and paints I use for this process - Tamiya clear red mixed with some black), Hair,

Figs that are detailed in the video (you can find them on his site).

Furgol - Base tutorial - yes those are mouse bones
Carlos - Purple version complete walkthrough almost in various spots.

Toad warrior - walk through of blending and zenithal lighting.

Hobbit - walk through on face, hair, eyes, details.

Banker - Tresorier - just discusses mood/lighting
Athela - lighting disucssion
Harlequin - Carnaval de agite - mood/lighting discussion

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/bragon
http://www.jeremiebt.com/index.php?page=siteuk
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul   Product Review:  Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks for ins and outs.
Its always better for me to know what NOT to do Laughing

I'll have to get me a Gemrich Library card.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul   Product Review:  Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 am

Marc wrote:

I'll have to get me a Gemrich Library card.

No Problem. I need to rewatch a couple of things. Specifically the color theory part and watch some of his blends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul   Product Review:  Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul Empty

Back to top Go down

Product Review: Painting Minis w/ Jeremie Bonamant Teboul
Page 1 of 1