CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List Empty
PostSubject: Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List   Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm

HQ
Sammael 205
-in his speeder

Belial 130
-thunderhammer and stormshield

Troop
5 Terminators 245
-2 stormbolter and fist, 2 lightning claws, 1 assault cannon

5 Terminators 245

10 Tactical squad 205
-powerfist, plasma gun

10 Tactical squad 205
-powerfist, plasma gun

2 Rhino 70

6 Bikes 270
-sargent w/ meltabombs and powerfist, 2 meltaguns

6 Bikes 270

Fast
6 Bikes 270

1 Landspeeder 100
-multimelta, assault cannon

Heavy
1 Whirlwind 100

1 Predator 130
-lascannon, heavy bolters

total = 2445
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List   Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am

Quote :
Belial 130
-thunderhammer and stormshield

With this load out you waste two advantages belial has... one his BS5 and the other his I5. He should have Storm Bolter and the sword.

Quote :
5 Terminators 245

Despite popular belief... terminators excel more in shooting and delivering assault ONLY when needed. They work best using the "water" principle (moving always, shooting to maximum effect always). This is especially true if deepstriking into the game.

After messing with a ton of load outs i find the following fits best.

1 Storm Bolter + Power Weapon, 2 Power Fist + Storm Bolter, 1 Lightning Claw and lastly 1 power fist + assault cannon.

You should also make sure to take an apothecary in one bike squad and 1 terminator squad (as allowed by your HQ units). These guys will save about 200 points a game... that is almost like paying 30 points for another squads worth of wounds on the table. You simply HAVE to do it.

Quote :
10 Tactical squad 205
-powerfist, plasma gun

10 Tactical squad 205
-powerfist, plasma gun

2 Rhino 70

These guys look ok, you seriously lack anti-tank though (especially in 2500) i'd consider dropping the pred, which is a big target in your list and giving these guys lascannons... combat squad and away you go.

Quote :
6 Bikes 270

6 Bikes 270

Look good, like i said before... APOTHECARY. All caps in case you try to ignore this advice Wink

Attack bikes are magic too, i always try to max out on them.

Maybe mix up one of your three bike squads to have 2 plasmaguns instead. Actually this is a really good idea... rapid firing plasma that can go 12" and shoot is pretty scary. Add in the apothecary and voila!

Quote :
1 Landspeeder 100
-multimelta, assault cannon

Although still "semi-useful" for last turn contesting, it's a lot more efficient to drop him and buy two attack bikes for the other bike squads.

Quote :
1 Whirlwind 100

redundancy is the key here, 1 will be a target... even if he is behind good terrain... expect him to be stunned to hell all game. Try for two if you can fit them in.

The list looks ok, even if lacking a bit of focus. What other units do you have sitting around?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List   Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 am

Apothecary is a good idea, i have one in my bikes already i just forgot to put him in there, I like switching 2 melta for plasmas, the only reason i didn't add them was because i've had terrible luck with them blowing up on my bikes.
Quote :
These guys look ok, you seriously lack anti-tank though (especially in 2500) i'd consider dropping the pred, which is a big target in your list and giving these guys lascannons... combat squad and away you go.
Do combat squads get one heavy and one special or just one for each combat squad. I threw the pred in as filler for some sort of anti-tank. Also I was thinking about the whirlwind with two vindicators.
Zach was also telling me to keep bolters on the terminators, I'll just have to swap the arms out i guess.
I find my speeder(s) to be incredibly useful at popping tanks, but i have attack bikes i haven't assembled yet, are they comparable to speeders if i give them a melta? and do they add a 7th to squads of six or are they the sixth?

I also have a question about the deathwing assault, do they auto deepstrike turn one or do they just on a 4+?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List   Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 pm

its still one per squad, so you would split into 1 lascannon 3 dudes and a plasma gun (which could go with the other squad if you want him to) and then the other 5 men (including the fist) can pile in the rhino.

attack bikes are part of the ravenwing unit choise... they just HAVE to combat squad. It's all detailed in the codex. Due to speeders having to move only 6" in 5th if they want to shoot effectively (and never getting a cover save unless they aren't shooting) they are pretty terrible imo. An attack bike gets an auto 3+ cover save when boosting, so if you want them for tank hunting... you can zoom them in and pop a tank with a little luck.

Speeders just aren't survivable in 5th, at least when you try to keep them useful at the same time.

Deathwing assault allows you to deepstrike with HALF of your terminators units held in reserve on turn 1 (and in 5th, remember you have to claim if a unit in reserve will deepstrike or be regular reserve WHEN you place them in reserve). You don't need to roll for the units dropped turn 1, but will roll like normal for units that deepstrike after that. Again, this is detailed in the codex on the deathwing terminator unit page.

So with your army, having at least 1 terminator unit held back might be a good idea. Probably going to want to hold back both, seeing as you have no real safe ground transport for them.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List   Angels - Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Angels Ard Boys 2500 Tourney List
Page 1 of 1