CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question by Jon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Question by Jon   Question by Jon EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 6:15 pm

I asked this question earlier in the forums but felt it needed to be revised now that people have had plenty of time to play 5th Ed. I am just wondering as to a good reason why to keep Tau now. The skimmers got nerfed and line of sight can sometimes really mess you over. Also does your own skimmer give the other army a 4+ cover save shooting underneath them. So if anyone can gimme some really good reasons to stay with Tau in 5th I am more then willing to stick it out with them.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question by Jon   Question by Jon EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Quote :
Also does your own skimmer give the other army a 4+ cover save shooting underneath them.

If it blocks LOS to the model, then yes. Remember it's true LOS. Any verify this?

There are many reasons to stay with Tau. It seems you are trying to play Tau how they were played in 4th Edition, but 5th is a whole new ball game for the little blue dudes.

You gain things over what you lose. For example, no enemy can roll through your units in assault now. You will get a turn of shooting if your models die in assault now (unless they died in your turn, but its always been like that). Kroot got a lot better, with their ability to outflank and do some potential harrying of enemy guns.

Your skimmers can still move and shoot better than most. having devilsfish transport around scoring units (which count as scoring if they sit inside) is a big advantage in 5th for grabbing those objectives late in the game.

These are just a few of the reasons off the top of my head.

Imo though, tau got better n 5th, not worse. Were you having enough success in 4th to think 5th made your army much worse? Or do you think it may be a play style thing?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question by Jon   Question by Jon EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I think it could really be play style, i guess i just need to play it more but thanks matt
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question by Jon   Question by Jon EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 pm

tau can still be very effective. take a look at some tactica and get a feel from their strengths and weaknesses. troops in a transport is great, and kroot just sound incredibly fun and effective esp. in 5th
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question by Jon   Question by Jon EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 am

Quote :
Also does your own skimmer give the other army a 4+ cover save shooting underneath them.

It does if you don't have it properly mounted on its flight base. This is why those bases are such a big deal now.

It might still if the base isn't tall enough. I don't know. I don't have one here.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Sponsored content

Question by Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question by Jon   Question by Jon Empty

Back to top Go down

Question by Jon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: