CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Reach Painting Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

contest - Black Reach Painting Contest Empty
PostSubject: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 am

Painting contest brought to you by Bolter and Chainsword, The Waaaagh and the Warstore.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=144856

Pick either a nob or a termy from the black reach box set, paint em up and email it in. Termies will by judged by the folks at The Waaagh and vice versa. No conversions allowed, no green stuff (other than gap filling). Guns may be drilled out, armor may be gouged for battle damage. Must be a member at one of these forums to enter.

I think I just might, despite my lack of painting skills. The fact that it is just one model with no conversions allowed is comforting. Hopefully I can end up in the bottom-middle of the pack.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 am

Actually it is kinda funny cause I was gonna be doing a painting contest similar to that at UU&A on Friday for the Black Reach Party!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 am

makari wrote:

Actually it is kinda funny cause I was gonna be doing a painting contest similar to that at UU&A on Friday for the Black Reach Party!!!

Nice.... I'm in.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 am

You can do that too if you want. Are you planning on having it be a bring a painted mini, or paint it while you are there mini?

The B&C contest has a dealine of Sept 30th for those who care.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:26 am

It will be a paint it while your there contest.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm

makari wrote:

If your doing a contest who is supplying the paints / brushes n stuff. are we allowed to bring our own brushes pallets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:50 pm

It needs to be a speed painting contest. Those are a blast. 1 hour, 1 fig. You should have a bunch primed ahead for the participants.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm

yea it sounds like a blast! lol!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:31 pm

It will be timed you can bring your own paints and brushes, But you are responsible for them. You will have a 1 hour time frame from when you have the mini in hand. All models have to be painted and handed in by 10:30.
The models will be from Kendalls Black Reach set so he will have painted minis for future demos, or from my space Marine Company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Painting Contest   contest - Black Reach Painting Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Reach Painting Contest
Page 1 of 1