CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List of Wanted Armies and Units

Go down 
+4
Chethrok_Bloodfist
JTPitt
kainthedragoonx
Mike Leon
8 posters

Which Armies do you Collect?
Space Marines
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap19%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 15 ]
Tau
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap6%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Eldar
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap7%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Chaos Space Marines
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap16%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 13 ]
Chaos Demons
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap5%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Orks
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap10%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 8 ]
Tyranids
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap9%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Necrons
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap10%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 8 ]
Imperial Guard
 10% [ 8 ]
Witch Hunters/Daemonhunters
List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_lcap8%List of Wanted Armies and Units I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 81

AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

List of Wanted Armies and Units Empty
PostSubject: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 12:06 pm

JMarv said:

Quote :
Another good way we can help out the LGS, if GW is willing to be somewhat flexible in terms of orders, is to perhaps make a poll of how many of each army we as a community have, and how many we are actively collecting. We could even get down to what units we are interested in. This can help prevent the problems of store owners who are not players getting stock which no one wants, because lets face it, some units are just terrible gameplaywise. Every one loses there, the owners have too much stock, players don't have models to buy and it spirals from there.

Best. Idea. Ever.

We should list what armies we collect in one big thread. Better yet, let's just make a list of all the most wanted or commonly used units.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 1:18 pm

well I get Space Marines (who doesn't) Tau, and it sounds like Orks in the very near future. scratch

Seems like a good idea to get a feel for who plays what. Not only does it allow for lgs owners to get a feel for the player base, but it allows us players an excuse to buy a new army!

Kain: "Hey babe, I want to pick up a Witch Hunter Army"
Wife: "Why?"
Kain: "Well, no one in the area plays!"

It's a win-win! farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:24 pm

There are three Witch Hunters, of which I know one of em.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 3:04 pm

...if only Witch Hunters were a viable army.

I came up with an even more ridiculous idea. We should make lists of what units we see most commonly used for each army. This is just being over the top helpful to noob and LGS owners alike.

I propose a three-tiered format like this.

Very Common Units:
Tactical Squads
Assault Squads
Devastator Squads
Rhinos
Predators
Terminators
Chaplains
Scouts w/sniper rifles
Dreadnoughts

Uncommon Units:
Named Characters (Mephiston, Dante, Marneus Calgar etc.)
Land Raiders
Whirlwinds
Vindicators
Librarians
Bikes (All types)

Units hardly anyone ever uses:
Grey Knights (as allies)
Razorbacks
Techmarines

This is a cool little list based on what I see commonly fielded in a space marines army. It doesn't account for my own preference, as I like bikes and can't get enough vindicators, but anyone starting their first army or running a game store can look and see what kinds of things are commonly used.

On a sidenote, what's up with Grey Knights? Why does every local store have tons of them when no one plays them?

Last edited by Mike Leon on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Maybe I spoke too soon.

12% of local players run Daemonhunters/Witchhunters?

I've never seen them across the table. What's going on here?
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
Maybe I spoke too soon.

12% of local players run Daemonhunters/Witchhunters?

That's because they're a secret. The Inquisition wipes all traces of their presence after their job is complete. You only think you've never seen them before.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

I would like to point out Mike that bikes are used a lot in different armies. The orks and eldar both use a lot of bikes and there are a few space marines that use biker squadrons as well.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Also remember that many of use have multiple armies. But only one or two are brought out.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Its a bit off as CJ has voted for every single army Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Quote :

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting on a better/new 'dex. I might be waiting awhile though. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:42 pm

HAND OF DUME wrote:
Quote :

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting on a better/new 'dex. I might be waiting awhile though. Crying or Very sad

Same. I would love to play GK if I thought they actually stood a chance as an all comers army. As it stands they're pretty much a whole army of anti-psyker/demon units.

Has anyone played them against Chaos Demons?

And I did see some marine bikes come at me last night, JT. Somebody out there is representing the 2 wheeled menace.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Marc wrote:
Its a bit off as CJ has voted for every single army Laughing

I only voted for 6 thank you very much....LOL
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:19 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
HAND OF DUME wrote:
Quote :

Same. I would love to play GK if I thought they actually stood a chance as an all comers army. As it stands they're pretty much a whole army of anti-psyker/demon units.

Has anyone played them against Chaos Demons?

And I did see some marine bikes come at me last night, JT. Somebody out there is representing the 2 wheeled menace.

I played tested them against my buddy Dan. But I built the 1750 pt list to play purly against daemons. The did well. Very well. The problem I had were deep striking. When I needed it, I didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Wanted Armies and Units   List of Wanted Armies and Units Empty

Back to top Go down

List of Wanted Armies and Units
Page 1 of 1