CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chaos army list 1

Go down 
+4
FrostWolf
Affliction
Nathan
dan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

army - chaos army list 1 Empty
PostSubject: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 5:14 pm

this is a possible list for my black legion Khorne/slaanesh army

HQ

135 pts Daemon prince : Mark of slaanesh, lash of submission

155 pts Chaos lord : mark of khorne, terminator armour, daemon weapon (blood feeder)

100 pts Greater Daemon

Elites

300 pts Chaos Terminators x 10

300 pts Chaos Terminators x 10

Troops

255 pts Noise marines x 6 champion x 1 powerweapon doom siren sonic blasters and rhino transport

212 pts Khorne Berserkers x 6 champion x 1 power weapon rhino transport.

Heavy

150 pts obliterator cult x 2

145 chaos vindicator: daemonic possession

let me know what your think feel free to tear it up thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 5:15 pm

by the way it is 1747pts total
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 6:52 pm

Why going for the 50/50 God army you couldn't do last dex?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 pm

I know it doesnt work anymore, and I have discussed it with a few ppl, but that list right there is why army composition rules work wonders for gaming the fun of battling it out.

2 demon Princes
20 termies

just way over the top in my opinion.

If army composition rules are out dated what do you guys think could help balance out more lists and get us away from this power gaming path we have been going down?

FYI Army Composition Rules:
Minimum 40% Troops
No More than 25% total points in El, FA, Hv
No points restrictions on HQ

I agree with matt they dont work on every army and are sort of broken, but going into the end of the year and into next what needs to happen to get out of the rut we are in. Changing the points to 1250 or up to 2500 isnt going to do much it will just be to tweak and min/max the list.

My suggestions, more missions with actual objectives. I would like to run a campaign, but with no consistent place to play that is close or convenient for me and some others going to have to put it off for now. I know fluff and game play dont actually fit in well together, but what about giving depth to your army, maybe a story or some background about your Commander and his troops. Where they come from, why is he/she here, Comapny background, How they became chaos or kept from falling, how are you a surviving craftworld, most importantly why is it that your commander is in possesion of 20 suits of EXTREMELY rare Tactical Dreadnoght Armor and decides to deploy them in one detacthment . Why you have 2 Demon Princes working side by side. DISCLAIMER: I am not picking on you Dan..just using this list as a current example of some new cool things we can explore. Will be great for the newer guys to get in on the fluff (a.k.a Background of 40K) and some of the older guys to get back to the basics.

Ok, lets hear it.....any takers?
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 pm

yeah the only resond that i was using so many termies is that they are over all cheaper to field then my basic toops after you take a champion and some power ups do you think the greater demon is a bit much ? i am honestly not just going for a power gaming army i want a fun army i love chaos and had so much fun with it in the past.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 8:15 pm

I just say have everyone make fluffy lists. But back to Dan's list, scary as hell but super elite-ish. Only list I can think would be even more elite-ish is Matt's Deathwing. Still, if you fought a serious hoard army (Nids come to mind here) how would you fight them all? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 pm

well lets see vs nids I see 1 easy way to beat them that nice deflier is hard for a hoard nid player to beat plus the greater deamon in close combat.......
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 8:20 pm

Still, you throw enough Nids at something and it has to keel over and die eventually. Anyways Warriors could rip the Defiler to pieces in CC.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:02 pm

OT pirat

Horde Nids is tougher than you think. Synapse can hose you. Any decent player knows to shoot "the big ones" and would tailor in appropriate speed bumps (re: Kroot) to buy enough time (re: 2-3 turns)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 am

Chad: Heavy plasma would own that list, I don't think comps are that good for tournaments. Also, if you notice most tournaments are doing away with them, they do as much harm as they do good.

I like the idea of more missions with objectives etc. Let's drop comp scores though guys, if someone mix/maxes every time you play them... then don't play them. The fact of the matter is, that for some people... min/maxing lists is the thing they enjoy most about the hobby. Just the way it is, no reason to talk about comp scores and hurt armies that can't avoid it.

As for the list, the DP needs wings, the lash won't do him much good if he can't capitalize on the move he forces. I like the list though, if that is what you want to play then why not write some fluff for it... Perhaps the two powers have come together to fight under the Demon Prince to try show how devoted they are... Explaining the amount of tactical dreadnought armor will be a bit more tough, but go for it!

BTW everyone, multi-god lists are just something we are going to have to get used to. They are far better than single god lists in the new codex. Black legion will also be popular.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Oh, I know I'll have to get used to multi-god lists, but I was just wondering why he chose one of the pairs he couldn't use last 'Dex.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Nathan wrote:
Oh, I know I'll have to get used to multi-god lists, but I was just wondering why he chose one of the pairs he couldn't use last 'Dex.

I think you answered your own question Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Dennis
Neophyte
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 pm

I agree with chad on needing some kind of comp rules or something to tone down the power gaming. Chad and i used to play arimes like this along time ago before most of u even knew what the game was and got away from the power stuff cuz it just gets boring. This is one of the reasons i dont play much anymore.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 9:57 pm

I'm not putting my 2 cents in.....reason??? Some of you thought my Red Ork idea was stupid.....I like the Hybrid Ork Cousin story I came up with.
It's like the African American kid who is Elbino. Ya know???

And my Fluff story was cool as well.

Either way, my orks are going to be fluffy. This is the group I'm going to campaign and really have fun with. I have an idea how I want to play them and what I want for the army.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 10:53 am

Really, I don't see how this list is power-gaming, I just want to see some really good fluff for it.
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Neophyte
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 pm

was not saying that this list was a power gaming list its pretty tame compared to some i have seen posted here.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 9:34 pm

I think until we all find a home (cough...cough) <---Rolling Eyes where we can all get on the same page as far as what we want to play...Campaign, Combat Patrol, Raids, Breakouts, etc. we just play whatever the other person will tolerate. I know for me I will not play that list...I dont want to spend 15min setting up and then spend 30 min playing before I get hosed or god forbid me shooting at terminators for 6 turns and killing 4 with my puny eldar wpns. Not a fun time for me. I am with matt in the belief that some ppl like to min/max list, honestly i cant say that I really ever have. I like to change it up and see what things in my list do. I have seen ppl play a army a long time and never use every part of what is available to them. Even if it doesnt work then you have a viable reason not to have them.

I feel bad, cause I dont want you (dan) to think I am picking on you I am not...you just happen to start a thread that I am very opinionated about, lol !!!
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chaos army list 1   army - chaos army list 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

chaos army list 1
Page 1 of 1