CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! Empty
PostSubject: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:49 pm

I know that the new codex marine codex is coming out right around the corner, but i went ahead and made this list anyways, comments welcome...in fact, please do comment on it...hopefully i will be picking up some of those drop pods when they come out, so i can stop using oversized Dixie cups to represent them, enjoy! (1750 exactly)

HQ
128-wolf guard battle leader- assault cannon, frost blade, terminator armor, runic charm, wolf pelt(attached to grey hunter squad 1)
118-wolf guard battle leader-heavy flamer, frost blade, terminator armor, runic charm, wolf pelt(attached to grey hunter squad 2)
173-venerable dreadnought, assault cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor, smoke launchers

Elites
110-6x wolf scouts-1 power weapon, 1 plasma pistol, 1 melta gun
120-iron priest-bolter, servo-arm, runic charm(attached to blood claws)
61-wolf guard leader- combi-melta, melta bombs, power weapon, wolf pelt, runic charm(attached to wolf scouts)
56-wolf guard leader- combi-plasma, power weapon, wolf pelt, melta bombs (attached to grey hunters squad 3)

Troops
191-grey hunter squad 1- 8x hunters- 1 melta gun, 2 plasma pistols, 1 power weapon, 1 power fist
191-grey hunter squad 2- 8x hunters- 1 melta gun, 2 plasma pistols, 1 power weapon, 1 power fist
139- grey hunter squad 3- 6x hunters- 5x bolters, 1 plasma gun, 2 power weapons
148- blood claws x9- 2x power weapons, 1 flamer

Fast Attack
65-landspeeder-multimelta

Transports
250- 5x drop pods with deathwind launchers (one for each troops squad and the dreadnought)
Back to top Go down
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:59 pm

wow...16 reads and no replies...can i at least get a few comments and criticisms? i don't put these lists up here so everyone knows what i play...i put them up here to get taken apart so i can improve them...sorry if i seem a little aggravated, but no one posted on my last list either Sad
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Sorry, I don't know anything about the space wolves...
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:22 am

oooo his new list*changes his list to defeat it..* MWUHAHAHA j/kLupus, you know i play pretty much the same list every week hehe
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Some better people to talk to on the forum would be: Steve, Frostwolf, and JMarv

Why are you throwing all of the options you can into the GH squads? Not enough models to do otherwise? It would be better to use more powerfists in the squads, considering you only get two attacks on a charge with them.

If you really want your wolf guard leaders to have power weapons, I would suggest getting rid of the combi-plasmas on them, cause you don't get the +1 attack for two weapons.

If you can help it, keep the deathwind launchers off of the drop pods, even with five, only one or two will hit at BS2. Besides this, they are pistol range. With the points saved here, you can get more upgrades, or add even more men to your third grey hunter squad.

If you can, get wolf-tooth necklaces on your battle-leaders, it really helps when you're facing someone with WS 6 or more (examples, Chaos Lords and DP, Ork Warbosses, etc.)

You're lacking in the AT department, but I've seen that a lot with Pod armies. Maybe you can give your scouts meltabombs or something.

Enough ranting for now.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:49 pm

I'd do a couple of things.

1) Consider getting rid of the deathwind launchers, I don't think they will earn their points back.

2) Take advantage of the wolves ability to get 3 ass cannons in one squad (or two ass cannons and a cyclone launcher) with the wolfguard bodyguard. These will help against tanks and are just pretty useful.

3) Most drop pod wolf armies get rid of the scouts. I know they are awesome, but since you can drop a pod next to someone's tank a grey hunter squad can usually deal with it.

Nathan - The old Space Wolf True Grit language in their codex allows true grit with combi-weapons since it is no longer superceded by a universal special rule.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:05 pm

I thought the FAQ said that the true grit rule went with the universal rules now?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 pm

The 4th Ed FAQ said that the SW true grit went with the 4th Ed true grit universal rule.

However now 5th Ed has removed that universal rule all together so the SW default back to their 3rd Ed true grit
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Ah. Need to read the *new* FAQs at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!   wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick! Empty

Back to top Go down

wolves and drop pods...i hope they dont get motion sick!
Page 1 of 1