CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Furioso Dreadnought Attacks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Furioso Dreadnought Attacks Empty
PostSubject: Furioso Dreadnought Attacks   Furioso Dreadnought Attacks EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 4:35 pm

All right, normally a Furioso Dreadnought has 3 attacks, but you can upgrade it to be a Death Company Furioso, which gives it D3 attacks per combat phase and it must move towards (and charge) the closest unit unless a Chaplain or Brother Corbulo is within 6" of it. My question is how do you deal with more than 3 stunned/shaken results for CC. Bruce and I were playing a quick game and I managed to stun him 3 times (all penetrating 1's!). So he can never be reduced below one attack. We came up with: He is down to one attack and he rolls a D3 - 1 for his attacks. Are we right?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Furioso Dreadnought Attacks   Furioso Dreadnought Attacks EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 9:24 pm

My interpretation after reading pg. 72 of the rulebook.... let me start with this... in no other circumstances in the rules do shaken, stunned, or immobilizations effects stack. You can with wpn destroyed results eventually get a immo out of it <-(rare. pg67). So if that is the case no matter how many times you stun him he only loses 1 attack...so it is A+d3-1 = still dead whatever he hits.

The "to minimum of one" part wont really come into play with SM Dreads, but will more affect Sentinals, War Walkers, etc.

Just how I would play it
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Furioso Dreadnought Attacks   Furioso Dreadnought Attacks EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 am

i have to agree with the above statement, and if anything the way its worded on pg 72. i would say the walker could be immobilezed, shaken, and stunned and only lose 1 attack, but who knows.... thats GW
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Furioso Dreadnought Attacks   Furioso Dreadnought Attacks EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Damnable grey areas. It's not even a fun grey area too. [grumbles to self unconciously]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Furioso Dreadnought Attacks   Furioso Dreadnought Attacks Empty

Back to top Go down

Furioso Dreadnought Attacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: