CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL

Go down 
+11
Cherry Darling
Crobar
CJ
Sigma Golem
joebot
Marc
LupusGhost
Keith
JMarv
The Madman
altahara
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL Empty
PostSubject: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:26 am

ok,so i tried to put up with halfway friendly staff... no stock.. being locked in a backroom.. smelly machinery... never seeing the owner to discuss anything... but i have seen, meet, and exceeded my final straw...

they charged us to stay past 7.. i could understand if we NEVER bought anything, and maybe if the tables/terrain/area was NICE.. but COME ON!!!! so i am never.. NEVER.. NEVER going back there to buy, paint, tournament, or play again...

i believe i will be going, with mendin and lupus, to sci fi and then back to my place for all night gaming...

if i am not mistaken i was the biggest proponent of this store succeeding.. but im done...
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 am

What is "The illuminaudi" Question
where is it located?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:05 am

Near Cincinnati-Dayton and Tylersville in West Chester. Don't bother....
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:08 am

I see...
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 am

They are not very friendly to gamers. We have all went there as a group to help generate interest in business and unlike Sci Fi City Yottaquest or Up Up and Away where we are welcome and new ideas are ok. They don't want "bothered" by us. He would rather sell Yu Gi Oh then hold any gaming in store or accomodate a group. Worst experience I have ever had personally. As a retail manager I assure you this venture will be short lived...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 am

All this hate? Come on. I made a list of what makes the illuminaudi experience.

1. wafting aroma of Dog piss.
2. dodging the 1985 fountain drink dispenser to get to the game tables.
3. The mood lighting.
4. Being "locked" in when they need to make a run to the store.
5. Being asked if you'd like them to turn on the light so you can look at their "selection" of figures.
6. Their selection of figures.
7. The parking
10. The spiders in the bath tub.
8. Faded CCG and CMG signs adorning the front door.
9. Getting my oil changed while I game.
11. Luxurious and spacious gaming area.
12. Charging for electricity used. I mean those 3 60 watt bulbs in the back really hit the pocket book.
13. Free toilet paper (while supplies last).
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 am

HAHAHHAHA

a skilled hand at painting and with words, nice John cheers

BTW
is this the old card/game shop that shares a building with a pet groomers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 am

The Madman wrote:
HAHAHHAHA

a skilled hand at painting and with words, nice John cheers

BTW
is this the old card/game shop that shares a building with a pet groomers?
Wink
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 am

Holy crap!! now that was funny!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am

Yes, that is the place.

Although it no longer shares space with a pet groomers.

However the smell does not let you forget it.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:06 am

I'm really supprised the gods of fate have not caught up with that building yet...

seriously

it's like it's destiney is to be a bad game store- no matter who owns it or their intentions...
Back to top Go down
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 am

It was kinda funny last night, someone (not us, seriously) had written on the "letter a staff member know about any problems with the bathrooms" sign, underneath it, they wrote "so they can laugh at you!" i thought it was kinda amusing, brightened my evening a little...
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:51 am

wow.. 11 replies already hehe.. yea that was my im tired and peeved rant.. so needless to say.. im getting a board soon hehe
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Would somebody just move into the old WoHG place already Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
joebot
Neophyte
joebot

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Day-um... that it complete crap. Glad I didn't try to make it last night.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:53 pm

less than fun
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 am

Marc wrote:
Would somebody just move into the old WoHG place already Evil or Very Mad

I would come back home in a New York second, just to have my race track back!

RDX CORALLY 1:10th scale electric racing at it's best.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:59 am

Race CARS???? Well...I do miss the sound of drivers banging their cars against the rails....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:38 pm

CJ wrote:
Race CARS???? Well...I do miss the sound of drivers banging their cars against the rails....LOL

That was definitly me. I broke my Cars almost everyday I was at the track. I did get a pretty darn good discount from Tom. Of couse, I did spend a small fourtune on Helis, Cars, and electronics. I sure do miss the place.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 am

As much as I would like to see it happen, the WoHG location is too expensive to make a profit. Face it, though we have a good bunch of people here in Cinci, we are trying to support 6 stores that I can think of in the area. I personally like 2of the the manager/owners that I have met and don't want to see either of them lose business to yet another store. I love the location though, very central Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:51 am

Crobar wrote:
As much as I would like to see it happen, the WoHG location is too expensive to make a profit. Face it, though we have a good bunch of people here in Cinci, we are trying to support 6 stores that I can think of in the area. I personally like 2of the the manager/owners that I have met and don't want to see either of them lose business to yet another store. I love the location though, very central Smile.

Yea but they can subdived WoHG. But given location 1 exit East to RT42 and you can find 1000 sq ft for under $7/sq foot annual lease.

Regardless, as a Northern suburb player I feel very underserved. Now...maybe there aren't enough players but I disagree. Just look at the pop demographics of Males between 15 and 30 in the Cincy/Middletown MSA.

I like a couple managers as well but it take me 20 to 30 min to get to the closest store to me (sorry illuminaudi you don't count) - Yottaquest or Sci Fi. From work, I can take lunch and get to Florence in about 15 min for Comic Book World and a late lunch to ACME (about 20min). And I've been known to hit UUA on the way home (sure it's a little round about). I try and spend my money there but when you factor in a round trip is gonna cost about $7 in gas, I start to wonder why I'm not shopping online. The answer is simple... play space and support. However, I only marginally take advantage of these space due to it's location far east or Far west of my location when I have time to play.

So...I'll push for support on this side of the Nati.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Did I just read that correctly? you're saying 20-30min like it's a bad thing. Heck I love it when it only takes 20min to get somewhere lol. We have 1 store in that range. Cincinnatian all my life, 30-45min in a car to go somewhere is not out of the ordinary. It's not always fun but hey, it's Cincinnati.
Back to top Go down
bluemagic
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 am

It seems pretty good now actually. The owner seems to be a decent guy and they're moving to a better location:D
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:16 pm

bluemagic wrote:
It seems pretty good now actually. The owner seems to be a decent guy and they're moving to a better location:D
Rejuvinating a 5 year old post... That has to be a record.

Do they "carry" stock now? It was so little last time I went (5 years ago) and I thought it turned into a 'CCG' focused venue. Where are they moving to?

Back to top Go down
bluemagic
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Yeah I think they have a decent selection and they're moving to a close location that has way better parking. It's about a block away next to a nail salon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL   illuminaudi - The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL Empty

Back to top Go down

The illuminaudi... im done.. finished.. GROWL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: