Posts : 3552
Join date : 2007-08-19
Location : Cincinnati, OH
|Subject: Codex: Ruinous Powers Rumors Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:38 pm|| |
From the Bell of Lost Souls
- Quote :
So some scuttlebutt on this upcoming product is dripping out of woodwork.
Apparently, the "Big Surprise" mentioned in the earlier 2008 rumor roundup is this Codex, and it sounds like a very unique and unusual offering from GW.
* Sources say that this codex will be a large over sized book; possibly even hardcover.
* It will detail each of the 4 chaos powers in depth, and fully describe their background, place in the GW universe and their warp-spawned minions from the Majors on down to the beasts.
* It will cover BOTH Warhammer Fantasy, and 40k.
* There will be 2 full stand alone lists (one for each game system) that will let you play a fully warp-spawned army of the Ruinous Powers.
* There will be roughly a dozen named characters spread across the 4 powers some of which can be used in both game universes. Foulspawn and Doombreed will make a reappearance as well as several Warhammer Fantasy ICs gone for several editions.
* The list is NOT compatible with Codex: CSMs, and some say it is not a tournament-legal publication at all, but only for use in Apocalypse, casual pickup games, and other "fun/narrative games".
Now that would indeed be a return to the ooooooooolllllllllllllllldddd days of GW, and sounds more than anything like a revamp of the ancient Realms of Chaos hardcovers from the late 1980s (see the images above). If any of you have ever gotten a chance to flip through those old tomes, you will agree that they were some of the highest quality GW books ever released. They were dark in tone, and full of universe expanding background and so many fun rules and lists as to boggle the mind.
-It would seem that the studio may have been quite serious in taking a stake to the heart of the "min-max tourney" scene and returning the fun, wonder, and hobby to the game. First Apocalypse, and now this. If the company has the guts to put out a codex designed from the get-go to not be used on the tournament scene, it would be something to see...and quite a gamble. What do you guys think of it?
Dark Angels 1750 win/loss Record
Win - 23 (Belial helped wreck Ryan's puny Eldar)
Loss - 13 (Brice's Necrons wiped me)
Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Posts : 240
Join date : 2007-08-25
Age : 32
Location : cincinnati oh
|Subject: Re: Codex: Ruinous Powers Rumors Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:45 pm|| |
i am really excited about this i have always loved chaos especially the fluff so i am really pumped
Posts : 275
Join date : 2007-09-23
Age : 32
|Subject: Re: Codex: Ruinous Powers Rumors Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:57 am|| |
sounds like a great idea i cant wait to hear more about, any idea of a release date
Posts : 2334
Join date : 2007-08-20
Age : 42
Location : Harrison OH
|Subject: Re: Codex: Ruinous Powers Rumors Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am|| |
|Subject: Re: Codex: Ruinous Powers Rumors || |