CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skaven 500 pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

skaven - Skaven 500 pts Empty
PostSubject: Skaven 500 pts   skaven - Skaven 500 pts EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:25 am

Here is what I am thinkin of doing for the small warband 500 point tourney at UU&A. Let me know what ya think. I would like to add before any one disses my no armoured Plague monks that if you haven't seen them in action they have been one of my most nastiest units.

Warlock Engineer - Warp-Blades, Upgraded Energy Condenser,Supercharged Warp-power Accumulator

Clan Rats x15 - Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Standard

Clan Rats x15 - Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Standard

Clan Rat Slaves x15 - Hand Weapon

Clan Rat Slaves x15 - Hand Weapon

Warplock Jezzails x4 - Jezzails, Pavise

Plague Monks x10 - 2 1H Weapons, Burning Banner of Hatred
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skaven 500 pts   skaven - Skaven 500 pts EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 am

For a small game it looks like you are rolling a lot of dice. I don't know anything about Skaven so it's tough for me to comment about the quality of the list.

However, my goal today is to now use "most natiest" in a sentance.

Like...That was the most nastiest strip joint I have visited.
Back to top Go down
Jeff P
Neophyte
Jeff P

PostSubject: Re: Skaven 500 pts   skaven - Skaven 500 pts EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:44 pm

I think in Small games, large units seem to do well. often more attacks, always outnumber, and if you can get full command, you will have a distinct advantage. 20-25 in your units of clan rats, or 18-24 and go 6 wide.

slaves, dump them to the minimum for 500pts to keep their role intact and save points for other things

Magic can be brutal in small games. so youre good there. shooting can as well. thats how your large units are protected from both is their sheer size. They cant be widdled down in time.

Jezails are great vs knights and monsters. not sure how much of either of those you will see in 500pts. maybe a ratling gun would be more effective in this size game.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Skaven 500 pts   skaven - Skaven 500 pts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 am

I play tested this last night and I was woopin up on some Tomb kings until one unit broke and I'll be damned if the rest didnt follow suite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skaven 500 pts   skaven - Skaven 500 pts Empty

Back to top Go down

Skaven 500 pts
Page 1 of 1