CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ork Battlewagons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 pm

OK I'm working on my Waaaugh army. What's the scoop on Battlewagons?

Can I just convert Rhinos etc. into Battlewagons? What is the line between a Battlewagon and a Looted Wagon? Looted Wagons can get a bigger gun, but seem wimpier in many ways (including armor and the 'don't touch dat' rule). I guess I am asking how you model them. Are unaltered Leman Russ and Rhinos 'looted' but heavily converted ones able to be Battlewagons? Is this just a nice fuzzy grey area for me to exploit as I wish? (g)

I am not worried so much about big tournies, but local games and Yotta league.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm

I always interpret Battlewagons as big transports, so something that implies it can hold a lot of boyz. I also imagine them as larger than Rhinos (which are around Trukk size). Looted Wagons are mostly the old "Looted Tank" things, which means Rhino for transporty (probably useless unless you're trying to be fluffy), Leman Russ for big guns (the main use for it. St 8 AP 2 and 36" range means you can pop Termies and instakill stuff, and do it at a further range than a Battlewagons's St 7 AP 3 24" gun)

But as you said, yeah. The heavier converted, the more likely it's a battlewagon. I think
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Any time that there is no model available for something you're in a very grey area.

There are no size constraints on what is a battlewagon or looted wagon. Traditionally you could take looted Russes, which have been replaced by the looted wagon and battlewagons were much bigger.

However RAW wise you could take a vehicle with a tiny footprint, or an enormous footprint and call it a battlewagon. This may eventually change as they are rumored to be releasing a model for a battlewagon.

There have been RAW-layer suggestions of enourmous trucks and such 24" long that could deploy sideways, pivot and get first turn charges which could also apply to battlewagons. I mean, there is nothing stopping you from taking a Capital Imperialis sized vehicle.

As far as what to actually do, I would shoot for battlewagons similar to the truck size but taller with much more armor and probably a deathrolla out front. Also can't they bring a zzap gun along? And Leman Russ sized things for the boomgun toting wagons. However I find bringing real Russes and calling them looted lame. Come on guys, convert that thing so it looks like orks use it.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes, it could be kind of lame to claim you can cram 20 boyz into a Rhino. It holds what, 10 Marines? I have seen some cool Landraider-based converted Battlewagons that seem more realistic. I have a 'shooty' Battlewagon I am working on, but it doesn't carry many orks. Its mostly guns.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 pm

I have 6 land raiders 3 are ork battlewagons!!!
They are great and I have 10 Leman Russessessess
5 are looted wagons...

Easy to convert with some trukk bits!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 pm

makari wrote:
I have 6 land raiders 3 are ork battlewagons!!!
They are great and I have 10 Leman Russessessess
5 are looted wagons...

You scare me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ork Battlewagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Battlewagons   Ork Battlewagons Empty

Back to top Go down

Ork Battlewagons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-