CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar....here we gooooooo!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Eldar....here we gooooooo! Empty
PostSubject: Eldar....here we gooooooo!   Eldar....here we gooooooo! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 pm

So I'm going to try and throw together around 1000 points of Eldar for the club I'm starting after school (I think I have about 700 coming in a trade) but the stuff that I need to put together I'm a bit confused about. Mainly, I don't know how to equip my guardian weapon platforms and my War Walker.

I'm leaning towards dual Star Cannons on the War Walker and a scatter laser on the weapon platform. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Eldar....here we gooooooo!   Eldar....here we gooooooo! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:24 am

I use Scatter Laser on guardian squad (heavy4), and Missile Launcher/Shuriken Cannon on walker, great for long range damage and short range (24") anti-troop and they are cheap...I found they are fragile enough that to put nasty wpns on them they die quick. If you want to get nasty double scatter because they dont twin-link like most other vehicles in the game

Just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Eldar....here we gooooooo!   Eldar....here we gooooooo! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 am

if you are going to put a more expensive gun on one or the other put it with the guardians.. as they have 10 wounds at least so in cover they will stick around for a while. I never play with guardians.. but in most cases they have a scatter laser. its the weapon of choice with volume and strength. other than that a missile launcher is a good choice as well. very adaptable.

now for war walkers lately many people have chosen to keep it cheap and classic with a pair of shuricannons. make sure you always put two of the same gun on any single walker, as no two weapons are designed for the same thing.. and one is always going to be more effective than the other. for them i recommend dual shurcans OR scatters. scatters can do heinous things to a large group of troops, especially when guided. scatters also average just as many marine kills per turn than starcannons. so its usually a better idea to go with scatters. plus they are cheaper than starcannons. shuricannons have one less shot but at AP5 they can really tear through something with a low armor save not in cover.

hope this helps.

best of luck.. post your list!
Back to top Go down
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Eldar....here we gooooooo!   Eldar....here we gooooooo! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:01 am

I like using Scatters on the platforms and the Walkers. Lots of shots at str 6. You will have a greater probability to hit and good range. It saves points and it leaves room in your army for some pop. Wraithlords with BL and EML. I would recomend a couple of Wave Serpents with Twin Scatter and Shuriken Cannon if you can get them. And as always, Maugan Ra if you can Very Happy !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar....here we gooooooo!   Eldar....here we gooooooo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Eldar....here we gooooooo!
Page 1 of 1