CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrWednesday
Neophyte
MrWednesday

Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Hey folks, I just started collecting Dark Elves, and I'm looking to watch a few fantasy battles. If there are any people playing at any of the stores ca. Friday/ Thursday Night please let me know as I'd be extremely interested to watch. I'm an intermediate 40k player, and I've been into other GW stuff in the past.

I really just want to see how other armies play before I invest too much cash in the Dark Elves. Although I have to say, Assassins, Pirates AND Dinosaurs are going to be hard to beat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 am

Dark Elves are pretty sweet. What 40k army do you like the best?
Back to top Go down
MrWednesday
Neophyte
MrWednesday

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 2:12 pm

All my actual games have been with the Dark Angels, I've got a sizable collection of orcs as well. I thought I'd forgo the Empire this time.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 am

Orcs play pretty much the same in fantasy. I don't play 40k, so I don't know a lot about Dark Angels. Here is a little bit of a breakdown:
Mob armies: Skaven, Lizardmen, Empire, Tomb Kings, Orcs and Goblins and Vampire Counts.

Elite armies: High Elves, Dark Elves, Brets, Daemons and Warriors of Chaos.

Versatile armies: Empire, High Elves

Ground pounders: Brets, Ogres, Warriors of Chaos

Magic Heavy: High Elves, Dark Elves, Empire, Skaven, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts

It is very late, so this is not complete, but should help you figure out a good army for your playstyle
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 am

I'm actually surprised that you didn't have the Orcs & Goblins in the Magic heavy... they have a unique magic system and extremely powerful one at that...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 am

makari wrote:
I'm actually surprised that you didn't have the Orcs & Goblins in the Magic heavy... they have a unique magic system and extremely powerful one at that...

To me it is tough to count on and doesn't generate a lot of dice to roll with at times.

However, if it gets off it is brutal.

I think though the army can function without any shamans or minimal magic quite well so that would preclude it from the magic armies to me who need to rely on that as their strength.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am

What I view as magic heavy are armies that can field devastating magic without losing a lot of their ability to defend themselves. I should have included Daemons and possibly Warriors of Choas, but I haven't seen their bew book yet. The armies I listted can bring 8 or more dice to the table and still field more than just core.
All armies can bring magic, it is just that some are better at it than others. Ogres for instance have great magic, but it is expensive to bring. Brets and Wood Elves are better off leaving theirs at home in most cases. It isn't that their magic is weak, it is just that the points can be better spent elsewhere. Same with Orcs and Goblins. They have some great spells and an Orc shaman is something to be feared, but how many Black orcs or other troops can you bring for the same cost?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Here is something a lot of O&G players keep missing... including myself.
They can generate more power dice than anyone else... they get more dice for mobs of orcs around them and more if they are in cc, but tehy lose some too if any are running...

I just really like the power of the O&G magic, very devestating!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 9:05 am

well, I am playing fantasy on Saturday...if you are still interested in playing/watching. rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
MrWednesday
Neophyte
MrWednesday

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 am

What time are you playing and where? I have a meeting on Saturday, but I might be able to work around it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate   Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy spectator looking to.... spectate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: