CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!

Go down 
+2
wittdooley
Makari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! Empty
PostSubject: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Come check it out and see the new army book!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Yeah.. Archaron (is that what his name is?) is freakin ridiculous. What the hell is a 1+ save anyways?
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 8:53 am

I love the new chaos stuff. Looks amazing! Spearhead this week! WOOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 am

A 1+ save will still fail on a roll of a 1. This is a universal rule from the main rulebook.

The benefit however comes from the Fantasy strength modifier system. For a Str 4 hit, a 1+ save still passes on a 2+ etc.

Archaon is pretty good (or at least was, I haven't seen the new rules) but usually suffers from the Abaddon problem of two many points in one model that can't win it's points back despite slaughtering most everything it comes up against.

There just aren't enough game turns and people just avoid you.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am

Thats what I thought. If I recall correctly, he's around 680 points. Yes, you read that correctly. However, I also think he has some ridiculous thing where his weapon ignores armor saves, opponents MUST roll a 4+ to wound him, etc. He's also got some spells only he can cast. I remember reading it and thinking, "jesus, this guy is nigh unkillable."
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 pm

dude, it's the lord of the end times...the great chosen one...He who will bring ruin upon the realms of Man...

The Great King of the North...

He should be over the top...but he's just a model...he still loses in Combat resolution...and he + protection is going to be well into the 1100 point range....way too expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:27 pm

but he's a sorceror too... I mean..holy crap. You embed him in a unit of knights and have them run all over the board....
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:26 am

I will have to go take a look at this. I am more curious about their core and unit costs.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Look, I don't play fantasy at the moment, but I read the rulebook.

I'm with Dooley on this one. That guy looks ridiculous. He has the 1+ save and a ward save and he's mounted and he gets 10 attacks in combat and you get no saves against them and also everything needs a 4+ to wound him. There was also some other stuff, magic and whatnot. He's kind of like Vlad von Carstein in Terminator armor.

He was close to 700 points if I recall though.

Let's see... Archaon is $40. WoC box army is $90.

I know where 130 of my dollars will be going next month... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!   chaos - Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book! Empty

Back to top Go down

Up, Up, & Away has the NEw Chaos Warriors Book!
Page 1 of 1