CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello

Go down 
+2
Matt
Perdair
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Perdair
Neophyte

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 10:23 am

Hi all!

First off, CJ gave me the link to this site. I've known him for quite some time now, on and off.

My name is Chris Lannan. I live in Kennedy Heights.
I am married, 35, one stepson who is 17 and no kids of my own (yay!)
I've always been a huge fan of 40k, the universe and stories and such. I started out with the SpaceHulk boardgame. I have a bunch of stuff dating back to 2nd edition rules (REALLY good fluff back then.)

Perhaps 8 years ago, I had a mostly painted Dark Angels army and was beginning to play at stores and such (3rd edition rules.) Then someone broke into my car and stole my army Sad

So, after ALL that work my heart just wasn't into painting DA again so I started a Space Wolves force, with the help of one of the guys at ACME who gave me some really good deals on some SW stuff he'd started and was no longer interested in. I painted a squad of blood claws, and was started on some grey hunters, then kinda just lost interest.

Flash forward to now, I just moved to a new house. My old 40k stuff is rediscovered, bought the Macragge set for the new rules. Decided that I wanna go back to Dark Angels. Though I like the Space Wolves, and will finish a small force someday, I want my Space Marines to have more incense, cathedrals, robes and such. Space Vikings who drink beer will come later.

So, I've just finished the sergeant and four of the tactical marines from the Macragge set. It looks like I have enough unpainted stuff that is not obvioulsy Space Wolves to make 2 tactical 10 mans, an assault with jump packs, a rhino, and a dreadnought. I have two landspeeders and a land raider that will be tasked to Ravenwing and Deathwing, probably. I'll probably buy a chaplain with jump pack as HQ, and some Deathwing termies next.

So, I really don't wanna play the game until I can put down a PAINTED army, but I will be interested in coming by the games and tourneys you guys are playing and making a pest of myself.

I will have plenty of rules questions.
I really like the painting aspect of the hobby, and I've been pretty happy with the way my stuff turns out, so I'll have techniques questions and I'm also looking forward to sharing pics of my work.

Great to have a local forum that is so active!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 10:31 am

Hey Chris,

It's good to have you on board, I actually just got done building just shy of 3500 point worth of DA. All Ravenwing and Deathwing, enough to build a pure army of both.

So me and you should have some good times teaming up to kill heretic scum once Apocalypse releases.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Perdair
Neophyte

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 10:44 am

Apocalypse sounds good! From what I've read in WD about it, it's really about games not taken too seriously. Sounds like a good excuse to have some beer and pretzels and yuk it up with some folks.

We could always play a game against each other where one of us is the "fallen" (though we wouldn't have to say who!) Each side could believe that the other side was!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am

Can't possibly be me! *Shifty Eyes*

Yup sounds like a good time to me.

Apocalypse reminds me of end of 2nd edition when I got into the game, lots of insane stuff going on in good fun.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 11:12 am

Welcome to the board.

Nice to have another "old" guy.

Please post some pics of your painted work for all to see Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:32 pm

ok so you can post on here but not give me a call??? SCUM!!!! And I wanted to know if you wanted to come over and hammer out at least the 40k card game!!!!

Serious tho folks....Chris makes homemmade beer....very tellar stuff BTW!~
Back to top Go down
Perdair
Neophyte

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:40 pm

CJ wrote:
ok so you can post on here but not give me a call??? SCUM!!!! And I wanted to know if you wanted to come over and hammer out at least the 40k card game!!!!

Serious tho folks....Chris makes homemmade beer....very tellar stuff BTW!~

Tsk tsk. I was out of town. I just got your emails this morning AT WORK. I'll call ya this weekend, nubbins.
Be nice or Ima tell everyone your family nickname from Toledo Razz
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:45 pm

too late they all know....LOL remember who I'm married too??? The wifey still lighting up the stage???
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 pm

Hey man, welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate