CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle In a frozen hell.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Battle In a frozen hell. Empty
PostSubject: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:44 pm

It was my first day at sci-fi and the guys there made me feel right at home. of all my travels around the world I haven't met a cooler group of gamers.

My Opponent was Ryan, and we were both new to 5th ed. His army was a nicely painted Elder army in white. He was pretty skilled it seemed by talking to him. The forces of chaos would have their work cut out for them.

1500 hundred point Game.

Table was set up on the top side left to right: some ruins, a hill with an objective on it. and some more ruins with an objective in it.
On the bottom from left to right. There was a small hill, ruins with an objective in it, another hill and at the far right end a big hill.

Setup
Capture objectives, there were 4. The Eldar held everything in reserve but two units of path finders who camped out on his 2 objectives one was on my left behind a hill the other on my right in a building.

From left to right I set up my pred behind a hill, My havoc unit in the building with an objective CSM unit1 behind a hill with an objective on it.
The bike squad and CSM2 set up behind the far right hill.

Without further adu, here goes.

Chaos lord(preacher man): MoN, Plague bringer,

Chaos lord(Speedy):TL lighting claws, bike, Personal Icon, MoS

Greater summoned daemon(MIGHTY Useless)

Elites: 3 Terminators: x1 PF

troops

5 CSM: IoCG, plasma gun, champion with PF

5 CSM IoCG, Champion with PF

11 Lesser daemons

11 Lesser daemons
FA

3 CSM bikes: Melta gun, IoCG, Champion

Heavies

Pred: auto cannon with heavy bolter sponsons

5 Havocs: Las cannon, x3 Missile launcher

1500 points

Eldar list From memory

Alteroc(spelling?) on jet bike, with a spear

unit of 3 jet bikes

Really big unit of jet bikes with a warlock

2 units of pathfinders

Unit of fire dragons

1 falcon

2 fire prisms

unit of warp spiders

I won roll to go first.

GAME

T1
Speedy, hyped up on drugs, tubos toward the path finders in the ruins, uncaring that he couldn't see one foot in front of his face. He craved the thrill and besides what could go wrong by riding a bike way fast in a blizzard....
The first space marine unit ran to their Objective,The second having been lost in the snow and way out of any useful position, managed to slip on some rocks and fall on their butts(1 on a diff terrain check, forgot to run).The pred and havoc unit traded fire with the path finders but with the snow storm no one was hit

T2
movement

It was cold, so Speedy pumped even more drugs into his system. He popped a wheelie and put the petal to the floor. One of the bikers questioned. their break-neck speed, so Speedy made Him an example by sacrificing him to summon a greater daemon.
If he hadn't been so doped up he'd remember not to release the daemons till they were anywhere near an enemy.This fact was compounded because he forgot he had a personal Icon so the lesser daemons he summoned came off the bike in the back.

At this point Preacher man, the Terminator lord was wondering why he left A crack addled Slannesh Lord in command of the ground forces. A unit way out in the middle of nowhere, Havoc on an objective they couldn't claim. His daemon allies summoned to early to be of any use. What else could go wrong? He got answer when Speedy missed the trigger on his bike and started mashing the teleport homer instead. Bringing The terminator lord and his body guards to the battle way to early was well.

The second unit of CSM managed to fumble a whole 2 inches (cue benny hill theme)

The terminators, bike unit and havocs fired on the pathfinders in the ruins.
Even though it was snowing and the Eldar were in white, the combined fire-power mowed down all but two of the brave Eldar. The pred meal wile fired and the Other path finders, although the snow and rocks they were in saved all but one unlucky soul.

Speedy Was in a frenzy. Slaanesh would bless him for killing these Eldar and offering up their spirit-stones. So he did what he always did to praise his god, Shoot up more drugs and go faster. "I"me gonna get cha!" he cried as he popped another wheelie. Unfortunately his drug addled mind didn't realize that a huge bike popping a wheelie can fit through a buildings door and he slammed head first right into a wall. Luckily he was a skilled rider and only managed to daze himself but he missed out on the combat completely(rolled a one on his dangerous terrain check. 5 on the re-roll, then flubbed all his attack rolls). The two remaining bikers sighed as they pick up his slack and killed the path finders.

turn 2 Eldar

All of his units came in but the Alterac. Two fire prisms on the upper left, one behind the other. The falcon in the upper middle (with the fire dragons inside), warp spiders on the upper right, and jet bikes between the falcon and remaining unit of path finders.

The pathfinders looking for vengeance unload on the bike unit but fail to harm the tough bikers. the 3- man bike unit, how ever down the icon bike in a hail of fire. The front fire prism downs the melta bike, Speedy is wounded once in the hail of fire. The Back fire prism lobs a shot at the terminators but with a wave of his hand the Lord bends the shot in to the Poor daemons, 3 of who are banished back to the warp. The warp spiders shot at the terminators. covering them in micro-filament but failing to do any damage, they then teleported away from the terminators.

Chaos turn 3. Preacher man yelled for speedy to fall-back and join the unit of daemons, the the biker lord would have non of it. He gunned his bike toward his Eldar counter parts. Preacher man and his bodyguard trudged after the warp spiders, angry that they had escaped assault with their trickery. Benny hill squad, moved another 2 inches as they tried to pull up on each other ending in a tangled mess of Chaos shame.

The terminators fired on the warp spiders, downing one. The havoc figured out their helms had targeting devices in them, and in a rare display of competence downed the falcon in one las cannon shot(rolled a 5,6).The Pred, not to be out done knocked off the fire prism's main gun. It was cold outside but my dice were hot!

Speedy had a choice. he could try to reach the big unit of bikes, or try for the fire dragons,But he was really angry and the bikes for wounding him. And he was really, really high. So he charged the unit of 3 bikers, did thing to them I won't mention here, realized he was looking into the guns of an angry Eldar army. Showing his true colors clawed his way into the falcon, even though the cover save was the same as his invun.

Eldar turn 3.

Fire prism one(the lead one) moves up to contest the havoc objective. I didn't mind as they couldn't claim it anyhow.

The second prism and the big jet bike unit combine fire to finish off the wounded unit of daemons. The path finders make sure Mighty Useless lives up to his name putting two wounds on him. Warp-spiders fire at the terminators then teleport away. The fire warriors unload into Speedy.# shots hit. 2 was saved by his invun. one got through and insta-killed him.
"Missed me, missed me now you got to.... aaaargh!" were his last words.

Chaos turn 4

Preacher man and his body guards were by now completely covered in warp-spider silly string. Struggling to free themselves one terminator's tentacle arm got entangled into another's and with a mighty heave he ripped it right off. Everything was ok as the other terminator assured him it could be glued back on. Preacher man asked if he could just glue back on a arm and have it work. "Yeah boss, it falls off every week or so and just glue it back on, good as new!" Preacher man opened his mouth to speak, thought for a sec, then with a shake of his head continued into the blinding snow. Benny hill squad, didn't even bother moving, or even getting up off of their butts for that matter.

Preacher man and his unit continued to pump shots into the warp spiders downing one. benny hill unit got range on the warp spiders and fired at them, they failed to wound the Eldar, but the kick back skidded them along the ice, that gave the Champion a "bright" idea.

The havocs knocked off the second prism's gun, the pred stunned a prism. The unit of CSM who had so far been camping on their objective shot at the big unit of jet bikes melting one with plasma shot.

Eldar turn 4
Warp spiders shoot at the summoned daemons in the objective taken from the slain pathfinders, killing 3. Fire warriors send Mighty Useless back to the warp in shame. Un-stunned fire prism downs a member of the CSM unit on my objective. Jet bikes fail to damage the pred. warp spiders and jet bikes move away after shooting.

chaos turn 5

Preacher man still chasing warp spiders. Benny hill squad, still on their butts, manage to slide down the hill at last. At least they are having fun.

CSM unit 1 rapid fire plasma at close fire prism, shaking it. Havocs and pred team up to bring big bike squad down to the H.Q. and a bike.

At this point with me firmly in control of 2 objectives and contesting one, and his only having one viable troop choice left My Opponent concedes.

Preacher man ordered his forces to stop firing, the silence confirmed what he had guessed the Eldar had gone, by at least an hour. It was impossible to make out their white armor in the snow. Scattered frozen bodied were the only evidence anything had happened here. and soon, those too would be covered by the snows.

After report
This game came down to dice. My havocs were on fire while the Path finders were cold as the snows they died in. Made many tactical errors. Benny hill unit being in the middle of nowhere was really really bad.
The daemon bombing coming way to early was bad as well.

High praise: Havoc squad. These guys pretty much won the game for me

Utter failure award: Goes to Benny hill squad. These guys couldn't catch a cold in the middle of winter. Mighty Useless, who lives up to his name, but at least he's consistent.

Most feared foe: Fire dragons, NEVER be on the business end of their guns, EVER.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:46 pm

This was one well written Battle Report. I loved every minute it of it. The nice little added bits really helped to bring the full battle out lol. It was great meeting you yesterday. I was the guy playin the Tau and gettin my butt handed to me. I hope to see you around more.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 4:29 am

Nice to meet ya! Tau can be tricky to use in 5th edition, but at least it's not as bad as the poor IG.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
Nice to meet ya! Tau can be tricky to use in 5th edition, but at least it's not as bad as the poor IG.

Tau can be tricky in any edition lol.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 am

Great report.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 am

now that brought a smile to my face.. i enjoyed reading that report.. some spelling errors... but it was good anyway..
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:25 am

Haha nice!

gotta love some comedy thrown in. Reminds me of old GW.

Nice to meet you on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:04 pm

wow man this was great to read! i had a blast playing with you and im glad you kept track of everything that happened so well!

funny how much comedy can be made when such a mess of tactics and dice rolls happens hahaha

it was great meeting you, and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle In a frozen hell.   Battle In a frozen hell. Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle In a frozen hell.
Page 1 of 1