CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ig pinning list.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 1:24 pm

The I.G force I'm working on, just about every causes pinning. With the added bonus of my H.Q being able to stay out of LoS. Along with sniping, all the troops can inflitrate, and get +1 to cover saves.

Daemon hunter Inquisitor is there for anti Deep-striking, and assassin is there for counter charging.

H.Q.
Command Squad
Cameleoline
1 Heroic Senior Officer ts
Iron Discipline; Close Combat Weapon; Power Weapon
3 Guardsmen ; Mortar
1 Standard Bearer

6 Fire Support Squad
Cameleoline; Autocannon (x3)
6 Anti-Tank Squad
Cameleoline; Missile Launcher (x3)
6 Anti-Tank Squad
Cameleoline; Lascannon (x3)

Troops
Infantry Platoon

Cameleoline, Light Infantry

1 Junior Officer:Iron Discipline; Honorifica Imperialis; Laspistol Power Weapon
4 Guardsmen: Mortar

10 Infantry Squad
Close Order Drill; Sniper Rifle

10 Infantry Squad

Infantry Platoon
Cameleoline; Light Infantry

1 Junior Officer; Iron Discipline; Laspistol; Shotgun
4 Guardsmen; Mortar

10 Infantry Squad
Close Order Drill; ; Sniper Rifle

10 Infantry Squad

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank
Extra Armour; Battle Cannon; Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter

4 Ratlings
Sniper Rifle

4 Ratlings
Sniper Rifle

Daemon hunter Allies

1 Inquisitor lord: Melta Bombs, Psycannon
1 Acolyte
2 Mystic
1 Sage
Gun Servitor: Heavy Bolter
Gun Servitor: Plasma Cannon
Gun Servitor: Heavy Bolter

Eversor Assassin

What do you guys think. I need a name for these guys too.

Last edited by Sexiest_hero on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 1:37 pm

It looks light on bodies to me, although I know you are going for survivability.

I would consider this army to be very rock-paper-scissorsy. Against certain armies it will probably do very well. Against drop pods or nids it will probably get crushed. Pods will drop right next to you and many guardsmen will die before they shoot. Fearless armies won't care about the pinning and may overwhelm in CC.

Overall I would just advise not to put too much time and money into buying and converting these units as most people expect a new IG codex out next year which will probably remove cameleoline and therefore change your list around a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Yeah, it's pretty much just me wanting to use the Ig troops I have sitting around for something. The Inquistor has the ability to take a free shot and any deepstrikers with in 4d6", or he can nominate another unit within 12" to take the free shots. So drop pod troops get a free leman russ shot, and dread noughts get the anti-tank unit. That said your completely right and I can see one land raider or Khorn berserker unit ending me.

All in all This list is just there to keep me from converting my IG to plauge bearers and Leman-russ into a battle wagon.

The daemon army has already claimed my 50 2 ed space orks, a Daemon host, a WHFB Necromancer and 2 Wraiths, A Mr Potato-head, a small porcelain doll, wedding-cake doves, and a good deal of tyranid bits.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:22 pm

wedding cake doves?
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Yep, the lil ornament doves some people put on around thier wedding cakes. Spray paint them black, give them red eyes, hook them up to a disk of tzeench, put a wraith on top, and wha-la, you have a grim reaper being pulled across the sky by carrion birds. Thats how it's supposed to turn out anyways.....
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:03 pm

I love that....That's how it's supposed to turn out anyways....lol Looks like some black wing doves coming at me....No No No those carrion birds lol.
Back to top Go down
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:18 am

Keep in mind, that the Sniper weapons hit on the BS of the shooter. No more 2+ to hit then 4+ to wound.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:34 pm

GAH your right. Snipers with the bs of normal guardsmen seems to be weird. At leats now on a 6 they are rending and ap 2....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ig pinning list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ig pinning list.   Ig pinning list. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ig pinning list.
Page 1 of 1