CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cincinnati Flames of War League

Go down 
AuthorMessage
foo
Neophyte
foo

Cincinnati Flames of War League Empty
PostSubject: Cincinnati Flames of War League   Cincinnati Flames of War League EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 11:12 am

I'd like to announce the beginning of the first Flames of War League series in Cincinnati, hosted at Yottaquest in Mt. Healthy. Registration costs $10, begins Saturday December 13th, and continues until Thursday January 15th. The only thing that needs to be declared at the time of registration is the country that you will be playing. Pairings for the entire season will be posted the evening of January 15th. Rounds last two weeks, and it's your responsibility to schedule the match with your opponent. Point limit for matches are 1100 points. Setting for the match (late war, mid war) can be negotiated between players for each match. Any period valid army from the country you chose at the time of registration may be used in that match, and you may choose to play different armies during different matches.

For example, at registration I choose to play US. At the beginning of the round one time period I contact my opponent and schedule a date to play. I suggest we play mid-war, and if my opponent has no objections we will play mid war lists. I then decide that I will play an Armored company. You don't have to tell your opponent what army you decide to play prior to the match, just what country you are playing.

If for some reason the players can't come to an agreement on Mid or Late, contact me, and I'll arrange to have ringer armies for the appropriate time periods play you for that match. I understand that it's going to happen that someone will have an army that won't be able to play both Mid and Late.

At the end of League play, the top four League leaders will meet for a double elimination match (date to be announced later) to determine overall League winners.

All games will be played at Yottaquest, a results sheet will need to be filled out and left with the store after each match. The number of rounds will be determined by the number of players entering. The top four players at the end of the rounds will receive prizes.

So, to summarize:

What: Flames of War League
When: Registration open from December 13th until January 15th. Rounds begin Friday January 16th and last two weeks. The number of rounds will be determined by the number of participants.
How Much: $10
Where: Yottaquest, Mt. Healthy Ohio
Period: Decided round by round by the competitors.

Forms will be available starting tomorrow, the 13th at Yottaquest. Fees must be paid at the time of entry.

All official communication and announcements about the League will be posted on the Yottaquest Flames of War forums: http://www.yottaquest.com

If you have specific questions feel free to email me at adminfoo+fowleague@gmail.com

Thanks, I look forward to seeing y'all at Yottaquest.

-Scott Hall
Back to top Go down

Cincinnati Flames of War League
Page 1 of 1