CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Variant of my Eldar List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

Variant of my Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Variant of my Eldar List   Variant of my Eldar List EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 am

This is a variant of my current Eldar list (link below) - Thoughts, Comments?

Current List

As always will just post upgrades and wargear...

HQ:
Farseer - 178 (Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Doom, Fortune)

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe (6+Troupe Master+Shadowseer) - 222 (Harlequin Kiss x7, Power Weapon)

Troops:

Dire Avengers (9+Exarch) - 167 (Exarch Catapult, Bladestorm, Defend)
Guardian Squad (11+Warlock) - 143 (Scatter Laser, Conceal)
Rangers (5) - 120

Fast Attack:
Warp Spiders (7+Exarch) - 218 (Exarch Death Spinner, Withdraw)

Heavy:
Wraithlord - 140 (Brightlance, Wraithsword, Flamer x2)
War Walkers (2) - 120 (Missile Launcher, Shuriken Cannon)

Total: 1750 @ 60 models
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Variant of my Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variant of my Eldar List   Variant of my Eldar List EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 pm

fluff aside, im gonna do a competitive rundown, choices like farseer vs eldrad are up to you Very Happy

HQ:
Farseer - 178 (Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Doom, Fortune)
solid choice, but jetbike seems odd to me since everything else in the army is on foot. since he can't attach to any of the units he might get singled out (or can he?). what is his role exactly.. fortune avatar good. think about finding the points for eldrad for sure.
nice. sexy. fluffy. gold.

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe (6+Troupe Master+Shadowseer) - 222 (Harlequin Kiss x7, Power Weapon)
mmm delicious. loved them in 4th.. havent played with them in 5th. strong unit though.

Troops:

sweet. maybe give one a power weapon/shimmershield to really be that "tar pit" unit in cc

Guardian Squad (11+Warlock) - 143 (Scatter Laser, Conceal)
coolio
Rangers (5) - 120
looking at the pts i realize they are pathfinders. awesome awesome. really a unit i feel will do well.

Fast Attack:
Warp Spiders (7+Exarch) - 218 (Exarch Death Spinner, Withdraw)
awesome awesome awesome awesome unit. surprise assault is usually good for me to get them into place, but not necessary. powerblades are a decent option too but ur fine w/o them

Heavy:
Wraithlord - 140 (Brightlance, Wraithsword, Flamer x2)
think about using this guy in combat... its a sexy look but your gonna be walking 6" and firing lance at gun, which takes away the run ability for your sword. it could work, but if your going CC with the sword maybe forget the BL and run him, or add an EML to make him extra shooty. either way the setup you have on him now is still effective.

i would think a little bit more about how you tooled these.. the EML and shuricannon will work well together when they shoot at small troops, but when you go after armor the EML is really on its own. think about making each squad specific.. one with 2 eml's and the other with 2 scatters, etc.
Back to top Go down

Variant of my Eldar List
Page 1 of 1