CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping

Go down 
+9
Sigma Golem
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Matt
Makari
Qoltar
JTPitt
wittdooley
Danny
Affliction
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping Empty
PostSubject: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 pm

We have reached a sad day in CAG history....we are back in "Middle School" Sad
It is really a bad that we have to have this topic presented, but with the current crisis of yesterday and up coming gaming days and God forbid the Tournament but here it goes. If you want just a summery of the post read large print.

Topic 1:
People taking a shower is a good thing, but you must WEAR DEODORANT.flower

I am not here to embarrass anyone but there were many complaints yesterday that there were smelly people amongst us. This makes us all look bad. Customers come in to see what we are doing and they have to stand in a cloud of stench. This is not only hurtful for us as a gaming group but also the store we are in. By letting us play in the store we are essentially representing the store, when people watch us play they may get interested and all though they might not buy today it will be a good experience for them to come back to. If there are a bunch of sweaty foul smelling adults that's what they will take with them as they quickly pass by.

So this is how it will work, if it happens again I will pull you aside and I will make room in my foam case for a can of spray "Axe" you can discreatly use it and come back. If it happens again or you chose not to use the "Axe" that day I will blast you non-stop on the forums and in person just like in middle school until you either fix the problem ir leave CAG. I know it is a rough way to go, but really the three strike rule is in effect so if you cant get it right after 3 then really you need a little encouragement.

P.S. If you suffer from a little crotch rot or what not go ahead and powder the boys, you are in a game store and its not like your going to get any.

Topic 2:
Ok this is a easy one, "CLEAN YOUR F'N SHIT UP". This pertains to ANY store. These guys aren't paid to clean up after us. They are nice enough to let us play there and use their facility to get together. If you can't throw your cup away or food wrappers you will ruin it for all of us. If I am going to be up there for 5 or so hours it is nice to bring some food and watch some game while I eat. If you wreck this for me and I find out it is you I will kick you in the nutz... cause really you deserve it. Unless you bring your mother to play clean your food and drinks up and all will be good in the gaming world.

**DO NOT MAKE PERSONAL FLAMES IN THIS TOPIC THIS IS JUST A PSA**
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:32 pm

i agree i may not be the greatest exapmle of keeping things organized and cleaning up after myself (i am working on it though) but i hate gaming when it smells like rotting animal corpses. so please guys wear deoderant!!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:16 pm

So....If I wear deodorant can I just not shower? Intriguing....
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Also as a side note if you have horrible breath please bring mints nothing like talking to someone with horrible breath. SOmetimes I myself am victim to forgetting that i am a smoker so to others my breathe may smell. So please make sure you pay attention to that as well. Not sayin I will bring a tooth brush but might have to bring mints and not just for myself.

Witt - Showers are most definitely required with the deodorant.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Now I don't feel so bad that I posted what I did on this page of 'make a date':

https://cincycag.forumotion.com/make-a-date-f16/monday-22nd-t2280-15.htm

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Do keep in mind seriously though that there are some people with conditions that can not help the aroma. No matter how much they shower or how much deodorant they wear. I'm not saying this is the case here but please be careful about being tactful as far as the BO thing goes.
If you don't clean up after yourself shame on you!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:38 pm

It got pretty bad the other day...

It's common courtesy though guys! So please shower!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:41 pm

There are one or two stereotypes out there about geeks and BO. Every time someone catches a whiff of one stinky geek, it reinforces that stereotype. So if you smell bad, you're not just hurting yourself ... and CAG ... and the local gaming stores ... you're hurting everybody! Medical conditions aside, there's no excuse. Especially if it's so bad that somebody needs to post about it.

Remember, the first step is admitting the problem.

On that note, I usually have bad breath. And I also occasionally forget to put on deodorant. Now I'm gonna buy some gum and use it. There ya go.

So feel free to post your own confessions in this thread! It's like Alcoholics Anonymous ... except you're not anonymous ...
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:45 pm

I showered just for you guys yesterday...well mostly because I knew Matt was going to be there.......
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Yhat wasnt permission to come out of the closet Witt.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 pm

I usually have some spray /cologne type stuff hidden in y bag.

You guys do know that in Northgate - there is that Bath & Beauty store around the corner just past the jewelry store?
They got sprays and stuff for men.

- Ed
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:35 pm

I used to play AT-43 with 2 guys over at my house on Thursday nights, and my wife would complain for a week about the stench left behind. My nose is cooked from adolescent abuse, so my sniffer is a little weak.

Why is it, some gamers don't shower, and quite frankly have nasty little greese balls in there hair. PUKE! GAGG! UGG! NASTY!

From time to time I do get a little BO from a very hot game room and exciting play, but that is just rare, as normally Im beating them with ease and no worries. albino

The comment above made me laugh, "Standing in a cloud of Stench". lol!

Last edited by Sigma Golem on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:37 pm

hrmn, i came straight(ish) from work monday.. but didnt think i smelled that bad.. had deodorant on (no kind works for me) but yea im sure i had a bit of working/gamer funk going..
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Quote :
Remember, the first step is admitting the problem

Funny! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 am

Qoltar wrote:
I usually have some spray /cologne type stuff hidden in y bag.

You guys do know that in Northgate - there is that Bath & Beauty store around the corner just past the jewelry store?
They got sprays and stuff for men.

- Ed

And if you have corpse-breath, 75 cents in the restroom across the hall gets you a bottle of those liquid mint breath drops.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 5:04 pm

I must really be out of the loop to have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 9:46 pm

wasn't me that's for sure....I havn't seen alot of you guys since Halloween...lol

Me being a big guy, I always have deoderant in my back pack. It's rude to be crude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping   Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Hygiene/Housekeeping
Page 1 of 1