CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAG Warhammer FAQ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty
PostSubject: CAG Warhammer FAQ   CAG Warhammer FAQ EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Because of the upcoming tournament and the increase of players, I feel that it is important to get an FAQ for the tournament.

The FAQ on the GW website will be the final ruling. However if a rule is not covered by the FAQ, CAG will make a ruling here that will be in effect for the tournament.

Ask your question in the main section of 40K Rules questions as normal. Once I and a crack team of rules lawyers take a look over it I'll make a final ruling and place it in this thread. Feel free to offer suggestions to the rulings in the individual thread pertaining to the rule, but it does not mean that it will be taken. A copy of the FAQ will be available to all on the day of the tournament.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAG Warhammer FAQ   CAG Warhammer FAQ EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 pm

In Dawn of War deployment, does a transport count as a separate troop choice for the purpose of deployment or can I deploy 2 squads each with transports?
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/

CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAG Warhammer FAQ   CAG Warhammer FAQ EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
In Dawn of War deployment, does a transport count as a separate troop choice for the purpose of deployment or can I deploy 2 squads each with transports?

Dawn of war says you can deploy up to 2 units from your troops selection.

Not 2 Troop choice slots. Big difference and is answered in the rulebook.

per Multiple Unit choices on page 92 of the small rulebook

Note that occasionally the Codexes allow the player to include several units in his army at the cost of a single force organization slot (like dedicated transports...etc). Apart from being bought as a single choice, these units operate and count as separate units in all respects.

So... in your case of 2 squads and 2 transports these operate as 4 Units in troops. This is true even if one of the squads are deployed in their transport.

Alternatively if you use combat squads to split your 10 man choice into 2 - 5 man units. These combat squads cease to count as 1 unit but now = 2.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAG Warhammer FAQ   CAG Warhammer FAQ EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Also please post questions in the questions section and we will add questions and Answers here that need to be added here.

i'm gonna get these posted as soon as I get them paneled.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAG Warhammer FAQ   CAG Warhammer FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

CAG Warhammer FAQ
Page 1 of 1